Ramshackle Dorm

Reader's Pov

After Crowley brought me and Grim to the abandoned dorm, he left us to our own devices. "So, Grim, now that you are my familiar, I expect you to follow my rules." Said cat grumbled at me and huffed. "I know how familiars work. If I try to disobey, I'll be punished in one form or another." I nodded and stretched my arms, summoning a broom to my side and a small duster next to Grim. "Let's get to cleaning then." After a few hour's, and me using magic to patch up any holes in the ceiling once it started to rain, we finally cleaned the entire dorm. We made everything look nice and proper, the dorm turning into an actual home once more.

We put all the furniture in proper positions and used a little magic to repaint and fix all the cracks in the walls and floorboards. "Wowie, I haven't seen this place look so tidy in years!" "Yes, it looks a lot more.... alive you could say." "No kidding, it doesn't look... dead, anymore." Three ghosts appeared and started cracking jokes to each other, ignoring Grims screech of fear. "Myah!? G-g-g-ghosts!" "Oh? Hello there. Are you guys the reason this place was abandoned? You lot don't seem all that bad." Two of the ghosts continued to torment Grim, while the other one tilted his head at me. "You're not afraid, girlie? Oh ho ho!! Or perhaps we've only scared you half to death. Yes, people ran away screaming because of us."

"No, I'm not afraid at all. In fact, I feel bad that you've been alone for so long. It's not fair to be abandoned just because people fear you." The ghost stared at me in shock, not expecting my response. "Gah! Human, a little help here would be nice!" I rolled my eyes at Grim, who was trying to hit the ghosts with his flames. "You won't be hitting anything with your eyes closed like that. You're making them target you with how scared you are. Besides, I don't want you attacking our roommates, especially seeing how we haven't properly became friends yet." The two ghosts that were tormenting Grim stopped and stared at me. "Huh? Friends?" "Roommates? What are you talking about little lady?" "This was originally your home, so it would be cruel to try and kick you out, and I want to become friends with all of you. Of course, that's only if you want to become friends."

The smallest of the ghosts was silent for a moment before smiling and appearing next to me. "Wowie, you really are a nice little lady! Nobody has offered to be our friends before." I smiled back and held out my hand for him to shake. "Are we friends then?" All of the ghosts stared at me in confusion, the fat one speaking their thoughts. "We're ghosts, humans can't actually touch us. You do know that, right?" I smirked and winked at them. "Just wait and see." The small one put his hand in mine and let out a gasp as I fully held his hand, shaking it with a firm grip.

"You actually can touch us! How is this possible?" I let go of his hand and smiled once more. "I was summoned here from another world, and normal humans don't have magic. I'm one of the most powerful witches in my world, and I've interacted with ghosts on many occasions. I've just gained the ability to touch them without the help of magic." "How curious...." I turned to see Crowley rubbing his chin with one hand, holding a basket in the other. "I'd definitely like to test your abilities one of these days. Anyways, out of the kindness in my heart, I will be paying for your food and other necessities you need. Crewel will be here in a moment to take your measurements so he can make clothes for you."

I nodded and crossed my arms, leaning on my left leg. "Thanks for paying for everything." He smiled and held out the basket in his hand. "Of course, here is your dinner for tonight." I heard soft tapping as someone came closer and closer. "You better have given them a proper meal. Hmm... you really made this place look inhabited again. Very good." A monochromatic male walked past Crowley as he observed the dorm. As his eyes landed on me, his gaze softened and he smiled softly. "I am Divius Crewell, it's a pleasure to meet you." I smiled and nodded, bowing my head in respect. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Y/n L/n. Thank you for making clothes for me." He nodded his head slightly and pulled out a tape measure and started to write down my information.