Chapter 3: Goodbye Old Love, Hello New Love

Nino POV

During Lunch, I decided to walk around the school to clear my head and hopefully stop thinking about Alya, with little to no success. Even after Marinette gave me some advice, I still couldn't stop thinking about her. I punched the wall in frustration and shut my eyes in anguish.

"Why can't you just forget about her, damn it!" I shouted to myself and sat on the ground.

"Hey, you ok?" A girl's voice asked.

I looked up and saw a girl around my age with shoulder length chestnut hair, milk chocolate brown eyes and a fair complexation. She wore a dark grey t-shirt with a black jean jacket, black jeans and dark blue plimsols with white laces. In her hands was a notebook and a dark blue backpack on her back.

"Umm. Yeah. Sorry if I scared you." I said.

"No worries. I just heard someone shouting and I went to investigate." She said and sat next to me.

"I'm Nino.  Nino Lahiffe." I said.

"Hannah Grímsdóttir. My friends call me Grim." The girl said with a cute smile, causing me to blush.

"So, you new here?" I asked.

Hannah nodded.

"Yeah. I was born in Reykjavík, Iceland. But, I moved here after my father passed away due to lung cancer with my mother and older brother, who's in a different high school. My mother is a lawyer." She said.

I nodded as she continued to talk about her personal  life. Eventually, I told her that I was going through a break up with my ex-girlfriend and have been struggling to move on.

"Was your ex Alya Césaire?"Hannah asked.

I nodded. Hannah shook her head in dissapointment.

"I used to look up to her. Now, I hate her guts. Can't believe that she decided to help that Hawkmoth guy and now, she's on the run." She said.

"You used to follow her?" I asked.

"Yeah. I went by the name Grimreaper127 and commented on the Ladyblog, which is now shut down. I think you did the right thing breaking up with her. She's a toxic girl." Hannah said.

"Yeah. You could say that." I said with a smile and got up.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Hannah." I said.

"Likewise, Nino. I hope to see you again." She said and left, waving at me.

I waved back and smiled dreamily.

"I think you've finally moved on from Alya." Wayzz said with a smirk.

"Yeah. I guess I have." I said.