Chapter 9: Preparing

Callum POV

2 weeks passed by as I prepared for what maybe my final day as Nightrunner, if I survive this. Since my Nightrunner Suit was torn to shreds, I decided to us a black long sleeve t-shirt, with a red bat symbol on the spray painted on front ,with matching black army bottoms  and black combat boots. I managed to keep my batons and utility belt.

 As for my mask, I found a jet black scarf and snipped the holes in for the eyes and used my Muay Thai ropes to wrap them around my hands. As I was about to put on my suit, I heard a knock on my door. I looked out of the window and saw Shante standing outside.

"Shit." I muttered and went to go and see her.

"Nice to see you again. I heard that Marinette and Amy disappeared and Ladybug went off the deep end." She said, smiling seductively.

"Whatever you got in that head of yours, I don't want to know." I said and was about to close the door, but she stopped me and placed her hands on my cheeks.

"She probably fallen for Colin. And I can see why." She said and pulled me closer to her. I pushed her back and shook my head.

"I don't see why you photoshopped that picture, made it look like I was making out with you." I said.

"How did you-!?" She gasped. Then she saw Jody, who was grinning triumphantly.

Shante scoffed and left without a word, much to our relief. I went upstairs and put on my new suit and looked at myself on the mirror.

 I went upstairs and put on my new suit and looked at myself on the mirror

(Pretend that the red bat symbol is on the chest)

"Woah. Now that it cool." Oscar said with a smirk. Timothy and Jody nodded in agreement.

"Alright. Wish me luck." I said as I pulled on a hooded trench coat and tugged the hood over my head. I looked back at a worried Timothy and smiled.

"I'll be back soon, Dad." I said, much to his shock.

"Y-you never called me that until now." He said.

I walked over and hugged him.

"Just wanted to get that of my chest. And, I'm happy that my mother married you." I replied. 

Timothy hugged me back. Jody and Oscar joined the hug until I heard Chloe shouting in my earpiece to hurry up.

"Gotta go." I said as I left the house and made my way to Le Grande Paris hotel, landing on the roof, meeting up with Chloe, Kagami and Luka. Nino had to stay behind to recover, but told us to kick Alya's ass for him.

"Alright, we're all here." Chloe said as we entered the helicopter owned by The Mayor.

"Does your father know?" Luka asked.

"I told him enough for him to allow me to borrow it. And promised we'll be back in one piece." She said.

"Fair enough. Next stop, Strasbourg." I said.