Chapter 3: Unexpected Arrival

The two plumbers and the knight went to the castle before the partners would be off on their own to rescue the missing Prince. Of course it turned out they didn't have to go at all. It felt like it had only been a few minutes since they'd arrived when none other than Prince Lafayette himself came walking through the front doors to the palace, his stride unwavering

"Lafayette?" John sounded confused.

"John! you have no idea how annoying it was to deal with that sh*thead, look at this-" he pulled out a tattered orange parasol that matched his dress perfectly, only it was far more shredded. "He ruined my favorite umbrella. I only have six more of these-" Lafayette cut himself off when he saw the guests. "Oh, bonjour. Who are you two?"

"These are the plumbers that saved Prince Aaron when he had been kidnapped, I'd gotten them to save you... But I see now that you didn't need it."

The Prince chuckled, "no, I'm more than capable of taking care of myself but thank you for your concern. No one can so easily kidnap everyone's favorite fighting Ganchanman. You should've known better, but I appreciate the concern, mon ami."

Prince Lafayette regarded the two plumbers with a smile, "you two are mighty handsome. I'm sure anyone would be lucky to be rescued by you." Lafayette was a very open person and didn't hesitate to put a couple of strands of Alex's hair in between his fingers, "I love your hair, beau."

"Thanks," Alex grinned, "I think it's pretty great." He wouldn't keep it long if he didn't like it that way.

"Oui, I can see why." Dropping the man's hair he looked to Hercules with a smirk and shot him a silent wink. It got the result he wanted, a smile, and although he couldn't see it there was a faint blush.

"Well since you're here you can join me for lunch, if you'd like." Unfortunately it was no longer the morning, being kidnapped wasted a lot of time. Of course, he was determined to make the most of the rest of the day.

Alex was going to decline the offer. He figured it was an unnecessary reward, no matter how lovely it may be to dine with a prince once more, they hadn't done anything. "Thank you but-" That was as far as he'd gotten before Hercules had shoved him over, he'd nearly lost his balance but managed to save himself.

The prince was a little confused, having looked over at Alex as he had been pushed to the side. He blinked in response. The pair were very odd yet entertaining.

"Lunch would be wonderful," Hercules accepted with a grin. He hadn't been able to finish his breakfast that morning because he'd spilled it on the floor, so he was not going to be denied a free lunch by Alex and his pride, or "graciousness", or whatever he called it. Hercules called it pride because that's what it looked like, most would agree.

"Wonderful," the prince nodded with an inviting smile and a tinge of laughter in his voice. "We'll be eating in the gardens then."

Over their luncheon they had a lovely chat, although Alex felt like a third wheel. luckily for Hercules he didn't mind. It was nice getting a royal meal, that was good enough to satisfy him. At first he was mad about being shoved, incredibly so even, but the man was his best friend and he did owe Hercules this much after this morning. Otherwise it would be off with his head, figuratively of course.

"Thank you for joining me, it was lovely getting to know you both. Weren't it for some matters I need to attend to I'd ask you to stay longer. Unfortunately we don't always get what we want. Not even royalty such as I." He chuckled, standing up from the table to walk them both to the grand doors back inside the castle.