Blood And Snow

The tears flooded me as I looked at her old worn face

The tears flooded me as I looked at her old worn face. What was she doing out here? Was she sicker than we had thought? Did the medicine make her unstable? She escape? I looked behind me and knew that her home had been close. She was trying to go home. Trying to go home to her son. Oh Henry. My heart broke. I knew now it would never be between us, not when he found out I killed his mother to satisfy my own thirst for human blood. "Damn me to hell." I said to myself over and over again. "Why did you have to choose me?!" I screamed out. "Why me?!" I screamed again. I pounded my fists against the snow and ice. Her blood smeared everywhere. "Damn me to hell." I sobbed as I pulled her body into a smaller area with thorns and bushes. They'll think animals got to her. Just like the others, since hardly anyone believes vampire exist. Only I'll know the truth. I sniffed and wiped my face with the old clothes as I felt my tummy was finally full. Course you're full, you ate Henry's mother you sow. I thought as I walked back, trying to cover up my tracks the best I could. My heart skipped thinking of my prints around his mother when I looked up to see snow falling once more. Oh thank you. Whoever you are. Thank you for still looking out for me.

After getting inside I dressed down to nothing, tossing the wet bloody clothes into the fire place and watching as they all burned up rather quickly into nothing but ash. "It's what I should be." I said watching the ash fall to the floor. I heard moans coming from the hallway as I peeked out into the dark. Henry's room was across from mine I realized as his door was slightly open. "Henry." I said walking across and opening up his door quietly. He slept soundly on his side, his hair curled up and his chest softly rising. His eyes flickered underneath his lids. He was dreaming. I walked close, my naked body still vibrating from my recent sorrowful kill. If I were truly a beast, now would be the time to take him. My senses all heightened, my sex throbbing for an encounter. My teeth hungry for fresh blood, my tongue dying for his golden skin. I did nothing of the sort. I kneeled down in front of him, watching him sleep.

 I kneeled down in front of him, watching him sleep

"I'm so sorry." I said softly. He wouldn't hear me or see me. I licked my lips, standing up and leaning down upon him. His scent filled my nose, so warm and alive. I nudged my nose against his cheek, his soft stubble touching the tip. "You'll never have me." I said running my fingers through his hair. "And you'll never see me after tomorrow." I said knowing that it would be time for me to leave for good. Mrs. Hart is gone now, I already knew, that vacant book store would be placed in the towns hands, the bank. I'd have no one, and nothing. Just as I deserve.