Chapter 4: Unknown Family

Okay, I need to point we were walking the middle of nowhere.

"Heeyy," Leli started. "You livin' somewhere orr you homeless?"

I really wanted to slap Leli partly for her grammar and partly because she was being rude. 

"What she meant to say, was are we close yet?" I asked.

Ash smiled and she nodded. She turned her back to all of us and stopped walking.

"We're here." She said.

As as much as I fan-girl over Ash, I was kind of concerned. We were still  standing in the middle of nowhere. We were in a landscape that contained bright green grass that was a little too bright which made me think it was plastic and and some random bushes. A few dandelion stuck here and there and the grass had some shoe marks in them as though someone recently treaded over it.  Ash walked to the center of it and picked out a dandelion. She smiled and with her two index fingers, ripped it apart. Suddenly, pain shot through my body like lightning. I bit back a scream and tears leaked out of my eyes. It was like my torso and my waist separated. I coughed and choked on thin air and my arms flew to my waist as though to reassure my brain it was still there. Ash just winced and massaged her back as though she was used to this. Jay ran to me and patted my back, unsure what to do and Leli just stood there, horrified. Hm, it looks like they didn't feel any pain. Why is it just me and Ash?

Because you're special, your kind is very uncommon. We are special. Soon...you will meet the rest. In a our say, it will be in a few minutes. 

The rest?

"What do you mean the rest?" I mumbled, still clutching my waist. My vision had gone black yet again. I was back with the voices. But this time, I didn't feel fear as I normally would. I guess I got more... comfortable around them. 

The rest of our kind. Your family.

I stood in shock. My arms unstuck themselves from my waist and hung limply at my side. Did I mishear that?

Family...

Family.

FAMILY!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY!

The more I say it...the more it sounds unreal. I had a family? Will I meet my mom and my dad?

No.

My heart sank a little bit.

Do not be disappointed, young one. The folks who raised you are no longer... present on Earth anymore. They were chased out by a deity. We're afraid their hearts no longer beat. But, you will find lovers of your own. 

And with my vision faded from black back to reality. Leli was at my side, mumbling something inaudible, her hand on my back, patting it. Jay was talking with Ash.  I shook my head and asked what was going on. She startled and jumped, her hand flew away and she stopped mumbling and let out a surprised shriek.

"WHAA- oh you're back." Leli grinned and brushed dirt off of her shirt. "Guys, she's back." she called out to Ash and Jay.

"Oh, good." Jay said as she walked back. 

We were still standing in the patch of grass. I kicked some grass and my hand squeezed my waist. The pain was gone but there was still some stinging. Are dandelions connected to me? What's so special about these flowers. And they're not even flowers...just some weeds. Is that all I am? A weed? Being to a weed? That is one of the dumbest superpower I have heard of. 

"How's you back?" Ash asked. "Sorry. It's the only way we can contact the people on the inside to let us in. We're trying to find another way not to harm is in a way."