Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

"I don't understand why destiny allowed some people to meet...

...Yet, there's no way for them to be together."

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 1

--

"...And then I went to watch the fireflies. I stayed there until three in the morning."

"Really?" She asked, amazed.

L sipped his tea and smiled. "Yes. And when I went back to my room..."

--

"...I saw her."

Light looked up from the book he was holding. He tried reading earlier, but when he noticed that L was a bit restless, he dropped his interest on the book and asked his friend about what was bothering him.

The two of them are currently killing time on L's house, or more appropriately, his mansion. The whole place is huge enough to contain all the students in their school, and one would doubt if they're still in Japan once they see his place. They were spending time on the garden, having tea and cake while L's laptop plays some piano music.

Apparently, the insomniac raven was having a recurring nightmare. It was about his childhood experience that he never heard before, even though they were together since middle school.

"Hmm. You know, even though I believe you, it sounds more like a dream to me."

L snorted. "Do you want to see my scar again?"

Light laughed. "Nope. But seriously, was it really... real?"

"...It is real. I thought you believe me? Why are you doubting, you flashy megalomaniac?"

"Hey, I'm not a megalomaniac! Well... kinda," Light smiled. "Anyways, calm down. It's just a dream."

The raven sighed. "I wish it was real." He whispered.

--

A few days later...

Light quickly looked down on the list of names written down on the stenography notebook he owns, and then scanned the small group of people that was looking expectantly at him. He smiled at them and adjusted the strap of his messenger bag.

"Alright, since everybody is here, let's go in!"

The group made a small cheering noise and proceed to enter the Wammy Manor. The gigantic house quietly greeted them with its welcoming presence, the warm sunlight of the afternoon softly illuminating their way.