Connection [Epilogue]

“Where did I go wrong?”

--

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Epilogue

--

Beyond Birthday never liked supernatural things.

Those never interested him, and will never do so.

But one was able to capture his attention, one who is sinister enough to do all the evil things if his wishes aren’t granted.

“Ryuzaki.”

Ryuzaki smiled and turned to him. “Yeah?”

“You’re such a brat.”

The other man laughed. “I probably am. But that doesn’t matter. I had to do my job.”

“Job, my ass. I never liked that reason of yours.”

“But it’s the only reason, Beyond.”

B sighed. “I will never understand how your job system works.”

Ryuzaki just smiled. “Sometimes, I hate my job too. But it has to be done. Just think of it as similar to a dating sim game. The player is free to choose whichever answer he would say. But if he would choose the wrong one, either intentionally or inadvertently, then it would result into a bad ending.”

Beyond snorted. “That’s some twisted idea.”

The God of Time picked up his notebook and wrote their names together. He drew a thread connecting their names so they would finally be together on another time. He showed the paper where he wrote their names to B, and the red-eyed man smiled.

"I hope they would be happy next time."

--

Princess woke up to the sound of a chain clinking on the tiled floor and the continuous pecking of keyboard.

She turned around and saw L sitting on the floor, typing away on his laptop, while Light was sleeping on the other couch in front of them.

Oh, right. She had fallen asleep while helping them fix the papers that Matsuda-san brought in earlier. She just went to collapse on the nearest couch and sleep away.

L plucked a red grape from its stem that was laid on an oval plate and popped it on his mouth. “Morning, Princess Toad-Face.”

Princess pouted. “Name-calling again, Panda-chan?” She grinned and snatched a grape for herself.

“Hmm... I like it this way.”

“Like what?”

“This,” He gestured the surrounding. “Quiet. Just the two of us.”

She smiled. “Yagami-kun is with us.”

“Doesn’t count. He’s asleep. Besides...” He sat beside her on the couch, picked another grape and brought it in front of her lips. “Isn’t it more romantic when you make your lover blush and only you can witness it?”

Her face went red as an apple when he pushed the grape to her mouth using his tongue.

[ FIN]

-------------->>>>>>>>>

Author’s Rant: [This part is optional to read... But whatever. I’m writing this anyway.]

I will be honest here, since this is the last part of the story, anyway. When I first wrote this, I never even thought of the real plot, of what should really happen and what should really not. But I still wrote it, because... well, you know, I’m kind of axe crazy sometimes.

When I regained my muse in writing, my first plan was to continue Bound To You By Love, but I just don’t know what to write in there. I know the whole storyline (I actually completed the whole story waaayyyy before Can’t Spell Love Without L was finished.) Or maybe because I just don’t feel like I should be writing that now.

Then I received a message from PrincessAlbelda who requested a story. At first, I really want to say no, because I owe people who read my stuff a lot. Seriously. But I accepted it, I don’t why I did, I just...did. One thing is, maybe because I find it challenging to write stories.

So I started writing. But when I got myself sick (due to all stress in graduating high school and upcoming college, wah xD), I had a sudden thought of postponing a story. So what? It’s only a request, and it’s only a fan fiction. (I’m bad, I know. :P)

I placed this story in a hiatus mainly because I’ve been really sick, and always in a grumpy mood. I couldn’t go out because I don’t have money, and when our internet connection got cut off, I was really devastated.

I outdid myself, then. It’s summer, anyway. No one’s going to force me to do this and that. I played Resident Evil 3: Nemesis for the nth time. I went fasting due to Holy Week. I finished Hyouka, Angel Beats, Toradora, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and rewatched Death Note. I read Bakuman, Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro and other manga I’ve saved in my computer. I played Ib, Misao and Mad Father (though I didn’t finish it because it always lag, bleh). I read Veil of Roses. I watched Chipwrecked and Resident Evil Afterlife. I draw a lot and wasted time and paper and even lost my mechanical pencil. I stayed up late almost every day. My sleep time would always be four AM. During those times, I spent my time reading anything I can get my hands into.

But I sat down in front of my laptop one day and decided to continue this story. Within a week and three days, I finished this story. I didn’t even know how I did that. I just...wrote.

Maybe it’s just me, being crazy and all. But I’m glad I finished this story. Bah, let’s end this long, useless rant of mine.

Cheers for the good work, everyone. Thanks for reading. :)