Connection [Chapter 9]

Connection (A Death Note Romance Fan Fiction)

Chapter 9

--

L didn’t saw B since that fight.

It has been weeks of nothing but trouble. His break from Japan wasn’t turning out to be good. His headache worsened, and the sweets were not good enough to make his sour mood pleasant.

The sound of a fast-paced piano broke his reverie. L grumpily snatched the phone resting on top of the table near his bed and stared at the screen.

Light?

He pressed the ‘Answer’ button and spoke.

“Hello?”

“Oi, L. You owe me something.”

“Huh?”

“But before that, let’s just chat online. This will surely cost a lot on my phone bill.” The brunet added with a laugh.

L smiled and ended the call. He went to his laptop to activate it, not knowing that something else is going on the other side of the world.

--

“Err...”

Princess hesitantly looked down on the man smiling in front of him. He looked so much like L, except for some minor differences, such as the hair having a hint of dark brown, and his eyes were... different.

“Hello, my name is Ryuzaki.”

Earlier, Princess received an anonymous phone call, asking her to come to the Le Patissier Bakery on the downtown, saying that he had something to discuss about L. She was about to turn down the meeting when he mentioned something about time travel and other stuff. Her mind quickly changed and she went ahead without really knowing who the man is.

And now, here they are.

“Umm...my name is Princess.”

“I know.”

She looked up in surprise.

“H-Hah?”

“I know, because I saw you on Wammy’s before.”

Her eyes widened. “W-Wammy’s House? So you were an orphan there?!”

“Yeah.” He smiled easily. “But I had a bad timing in seeing you, though.”

Her brows knitted in confusion. Bad time? When was that?