35. Plan for Freedom

After a night to properly think things over and digest what was revealed to them the previous day, three of them were still shaken up by things. Souma seemed to be able to adapt far better than the other three, who still harbored a mixture of feelings, primarily towards Testa, who was revealed to be a demon. While there was some doubt cast towards Rimuru, who is in a relationship with Testa, it was slightly offset by the fact that he used to be human, at least according to the fact that only he and Souma had intricate knowledge of Earth. Hinata, oddly enough, was the person on whom the least suspicion was cast upon despite being of a completely different world.

However, those issues would need to wait to be addressed as the people who Souma requested arrived in the late morning. The first part of Souma's plan consisted of using the Jewel Voice Broadcast from Amidonia's broadcasting jewel to potentially sway the hearts of the people. Since the receivers scattered all around Amidonia were attuned to one source, that being Amidonia's broadcasting jewel, it would mean that Souma's message would be able to be heard all across Amidonia.

The first step of this plan consisted of notifying the people of what was going to transpire during the time of Van's occupancy. This also consisted of disseminating information to the public, a move that is very new to this world. A large reason as to why information was not often given to the public was due to the fact that many nobles, kings, and queens, simply didn't see the benefit that it could have. This reasoning came from the fact that those same people felt that it was better that commoners 'knew their place.' In their eyes, them possessing knowledge that they earned and worked towards was often met with scorn and ridicule, and so any such ideas promoting widescale information was quickly shut down.

However, since Souma didn't see it that way, he was more than happy to disclose this kind of information.

The first thing that was done was to introduce the people essential to his plan, that being the three women that Juna recommended to Souma shortly before hostilities began. The whole reason as to why they were chosen is because they were the winners of the monthly Elfrieden Beauty Pageant, something that was formed after Souma's call to action. In fact, many organizations were formed by the populace thanks to this sort of talent that the country unknowingly kept hidden before Souma took action, and many people were able to more easily pursue their own goals with the help of this exposure.

In any case, the people that Juna selected were a feline woman by the name of Nanna who wore what was basically a glorified swimsuit with an arm and leg sleeve all matching the same black coloring. The orange tail and hair complimented her looks, which were based around a woman who looked, and acted, no more than seventeen or eighteen years old. When she was introduced to Souma, she happily introduced herself with a chipper attitude.

The second person, Pamille Carol, was a kobito, or an everyoung, meaning someone who simply stopped aging past a certain point. However, instead of being like the elves, who looked like they were in their twenties for most of their life, the everyoung looked no older than twelve or thirteen for most of their life. Perhaps she could have distinguished herself as someone who actually was older if not for the fact that she wore a frilly white and red dress, complete with pigtails.

The third person, Chris Tachyon, looked to be the most mature out of the bunch. With glasses framing her face, blonde hair and fair skin, the ears she bore were a clear sign that she was a light elf, a counterpart to Aisha. Light elves, much like dark elves, were normally quite inclusive. However, where the dark elves had a good reason to be thanks to discrimination, the light elves truly believed themselves to be the greater race thanks to them possessing more pure affinities towards magic. However, those who left the island, whether for curiosity or for whatever reason, always found their magical capabilities lacking compared to when they were on the island. Unfortunately, those at the top would never hear it due to their perceived beliefs of superiority. It also didn't help in the fact that if one left the island, they would be considered a deserter.