𝟬𝟬𝟳 THE GREEN BLOB

TONGUE TIED        7━━    the green blob

━━ the green blob

       The same words echoed through Amelia's ears. She had been listening to Dustin's attempt at contacting his friends from the depths of hell with his comm for the past hour or so. She mindlessly toyed with her shoelaces and her fingers, a sad frown plastered on her face whenever she'd reach out to play with the ring she'd usually wear on her middle finger, remembering it had slipped right off during their descent to the overworld, also known as nowhere.

       Robin was by a few boxes. She paced around too, in a world of her own. As for Steve, he seemed focused on a small item in his hands. He tossed it, and toyed with it until he and Dustin climbed through the small gate Dustin had suggested they should escape through. But after noticing they were completely stuck underground and cut off from human connection, they nearly cried.

       Dustin's footsteps bounced off the walls. He paced back and forth on the roof, desperately hoping for an answer from his friends. He had convinced Amelia they were amazing and always alert for any inconvenience, but she had realized it was pointless believing him after the hours passed.

       Amelia was slowly losing her composure. She had tried distracting her mind with Robin, by chit-chatting about whatever crossed their minds and scavenging the boxes, in search of something useful.

       She slowly felt as if the walls slowly closed in on her, squishing out the tiniest of patience she had left on her body. She received the impression that she was suffocating with each passing second.

       It was this that made her realize she did regret participating in this hell of a crazy plan.

       She had also been warning herself about the big storm coming her way for not staying wrapped in her bedsheets that night. She had known from the start there was no turning back, but it was losing the only opportunity she had to make friends or join an unexpected adventure.

       Who was she to blame? The thought of getting stuck in an elevator had never crossed her mind.

       Her curiosity took a bite out of her brain, wanting to know what the green thing being kept in the capsule was. But Amelia knew better than that. She couldn't let it take advantage of her. As they say, curiosity killed the cat. She was no stupid feline.

       Amelia's eyes traveled to the source of the liquid running. She spotted it streaming down the wall, and a frown reached her face. She exchanged a disgusted glance with Robin.

       "Can you redirect your stream, please?"

       It moved an inch from where it originally drifted.

       She faced away, shaking her head in disbelief.

       She drove her attention to Erica, who casually slammed the capsule with the substance against another steel container, obviously attempting to break it.