Chapter 1

This is my first story so go easy on me :)

*Charlotte's POV*

OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THOSE BOYS THEY ARE IN AFRICA HELPING LITTLE KIDS! One Direction are seriously so perfect it just makes everybody else horrible. I know I have no chance with them, but it doesn't hurt to dream right?

They seriously have made a giant impact in my life, they make me feel special, they are the reason I have the dreams I have now, and those dreams stopped me cutting. If I ever meet them I would thank them for everything and leave.

OH MY GOSH LOOK AT LOUIS HOLDING THAT BABY, as all Directioners would say they have to favourite I have a soft spot for Louis, there is just something about him that makes me get butterflies every time I see him. Louis is also 1/2 of the single boys in 1D, Harry has a girlfriend called Chelsea together they are Cherry. Zayn has a girlfriend but won't tell anyone who because he doesn't her to get hate, he must really love her and she must be really sweet. Niall has a girlfriend called Caitlyn and together they are Ciall and that leaves Liam and Louis as the single pringles of the group.

Oh by the way, I'm Charlotte and I have bright red hair and tanned skin. I used to have a bubbly personality but I have been depressed for the past year so I have to take anti-depressants. I need to bring them everywhere with me including school which is horrible because everyone steals them or puts orange juice in them which I am highly allergic to, so in case you haven't noticed I hate life. There was nothing to it.

I haven't committed suicide because of my dreams to be successful in life, I want to be famous for acting and singing, school is still important to me because if I don't make it big I want to become a doctor and that requires top marks. I know once I get through school everything will go away and I can live my dreams. I hate it so much because I am the most hated person in my school, I did nothing but try to be kind to people but apparently that doesn't matter.

I was bullied by a girl named Bridget Zinger, she was the reason I cut, and she made me hate life. This is because Jake liked me instead of her but they were together until she moved to London a month ago. Jake had a crush on me since year two he got me presents every year for Valentine’s Day, my birthday and Christmas. In year 10 I decided to give him a chance and the next day he came to face threw orange juice in my face with I am highly allergic to so I blew up like a balloon.

After that he got with Bridget and they became my main bullies, everyone throws snide comments at me every now and then but they were the only ones who hit me and came to my face and start an argument with me. My family never talks to me; I stay in my room all the time because if I come at they just put me down and yell at me for being such a failure. I don't get it though because I have the highest grades in the school, I even bet the year 12's in year 9.

My family entered this thing to swap homes with another family in London; they did it to be closer to my family. My family lives in Scotland and London is closer than Australia. I don't get to go though I have my VCE's this year. I would leave once I'm finished school but I think I'll stay in Australia.

Anyway they won so tomorrow my family is leaving and I'll be at school when they leave so no goodbyes, they don't even seem to care. The other family is coming in two days, but because I'm staying I had to give information about myself I just wrote I'll stay in my room at all times it's not like I'm not used to it.

This family better let me stay in my room and not pretend to like me, I don't like becoming close with anyone they just hurt me and I cry for hours, I'm really emotional I cry very easily. I get attached to people easy as well.

*The Next Day*

Today my parents left and didn't even leave the key outside the house, so I had to climb through the roof through the manhole. That was just one of the unfortunate events of today; I got rushed to the ER because somebody else put orange juice in my anti-depressants.

That was after I was thrown in to a muddy puddle, wait how was there a muddy puddle? It's the middle of Summer, it hasn't rained in weeks, people must really hate me if they made a puddle just to push me in. Nobody really cares then I thought at least one person but the puddle was huge there is no way that the whole school didn't work on it.

I then did something I thought I would never do again I cut, just one line. It felt good, I let my screams and curses out then I instantly regretted it, now I have to wear a long sleeve top in the middle of a heat wave.

Then I figured out I need to set up the house for the family, they were a family of 5 that could easily become a family of 8, they must be expecting kids. I set up two single beds in the spare room, a queen size bed for my sister's room and a single bed in mine.

My mum and dad didn't want anybody in their room; I don't want someone in my room. I wrote a note to tell them what they are going to have to do: Go food shopping once a week, take me and pick me up from school, ect. I didn't really write ect. I just can't be bothered remembering them all.

Then for the first time since I was 12 I sat on the coach and watched TV. Really I just went on my laptop and looked up One Direction while listening to music on the TV. I also caught up with Pretty Little Liars; I swear it's the best show ever. Then I got changed out of my uniform, in to my trackies a singlet and my Little Mix top, what can I say I'm a sucker for British singers.

*The Next Day*

Today was the day the other family come. I need to meet them to tell them my arrangements for sleeping and everything. I made myself some breakfast and sat outside my room, I've only had a day and a half without being in my room 24/7 and I was enjoying it.

I got up and changed into some shorts and my thin jumper that says "Chicago 68", I needed to make sure they didn’t see my cut. I was already boiling alive so I put the air con on full blast, it felt so much better, thank god the vent in my room is right next to my bed.

I was putting the sheets on the bed in my room when I heard the door open, they must have a key so I walked out to the hallway to see the five boys I admire so much, what was One Direction doing in my kitchen?