Coscho

Echos POV
Im in my suit. Im on top of a pet store right now. Im leaning against the air conditioner. Cosmo dropped onto the roof. "Why here?" She asks. "Shh" i say. We peaked over the roof. A very rich woman walked out of the store with a sad looking dog on leash. "I dont understand" Cosmo says. "Thats my mother" i say. "Your mom looks like a bitch" she says. "She is but its not that one. Shes the one on the leash" i say. She looked at me shocked. Her jaw is wide open. "What?" She asks. "My family was bought by that rich asshole. My father couldn't fight it so we became her pets." I say. "Isnt that illegal?" Cosmo asks. "Yes but that didnt matter. She has more power than you think she does. We cant leave" i say. "But you did" she says. "Yeah but at a cost. My brothers life was lost at my hand because I left" i say. "What! How?" She asks. I sat down on the air conditioner. "We were trying to escape together but she caught us. I had more powers than him so I tried to use them to get us out but it didnt work" i say. "What happened?" She asks. "I used my tail to lift us up on the roof. The woman, our master, fired at us and I dropped him. She lives in a mansion. It was a long drop." I say. She sat down next to me. "Im sorry for your loss" she says. "Its fine. I just hate that my family is being kept as pets and I cant do anything about it" i say. "You dont deserve to feel that way" she says. I shrugged. "Its not important" i say. "It is. I promise Ill do whatever I can to help your family" she says. "Theres nothing you can do. I had to lie my way through life. I even lie to the boys. They dont know that I have the power of color. They've never seen what I really look like. No one has" i say. "I have" she says. I shook my head. "Almost" i say. I lifted my glasses on my head and looked at her. I turned my eyes brown and then went back to green. "So your eyes really are green" she says. I nodded. "Good. I like your green eyes better anyway" she says. I smiled. "Your eyes are very pretty" i say. "Thank you. So are yours" she says. We smiled at each other. We leaned towards each other but stopped when her watch buzzed. She looked at it and panicked. She threw off her hood and took her mask off. She clicked the screen on the watch. "Where did you go?" A girl popped up on the screen. "To the store?" Cosmo says. "You should really tell us before you just leave" she says. "I know. Ill be back in a bit" Cosmo says. "Ok bye" she says. The call ended and Cosmo put her mask back on. "I gotta go" she says. "You lied to the arrows?" I ask with a smirk. "You really think they would have let me come here?" She asks. "You know you dont have to wear that mask around me. I know what you look like" i say. "I know. Say, does Echo want to go somewhere tomorrow?" She asks. "Ill ask her" i say. She handed me a small paper. "Let me know" she says and swings off the building. I smiled at the ground and then panicked. "I gotta get home" i say to myself. Ive been out for way to long.

Cosmos POV
"You know these communicators that skylar made are great. Which is why im gonna ask why you were at the pet store?" Auto asks. I got nervous. "Um. I was looking at the dogs." I say. "Cosmo" Auto growled. I gulped. "We're not getting a dog are you insane!?" She says. I breathed out relived. "I dont want one. I just wanted to look at them" i say. "Just tell me before you go next time" she says. "I will" i say.

Echo texted me.
"I swear Alastor is half dog. He sheds more than me" she says
"You live together?" I ask
"Yeah. Why do you think we take off together?" She says
"I didn't think you were friends" i say
"We're not. We just work together" she says
"And save each other" i say
"That doesnt make us friends" she says
"Yes it does" i say. She hesitated to reply
"Do you want to get lunch tomorrow?" She asks changing the subject
"Sure" i say.

I met Echo out front. "You actually showed" she says. "Im surprised the boys let you go" i say. "Oh they dont know im here. I told them i had an extra shift at work" she says. "You lied? Wow" i say. "Oh and you're so innocent? Did the Arrows let you come here?" She asks. "Point taken. I told them I was going to lunch but I never said I was going with you" i say. "Half lie is still a lie" she says. "Lets just go inside" i say.

This is actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. Thats the bad thing. "You do realize we cant do this right?" I ask. "Do what?" She asks. "We cant be friends. We're on opposite sides" i say. "You really think we're just friends? You think I would have asked my friend to be here right now?" She asks. "We cant date either! What are we gonna do on the field? Or if the arrows or your boys find out?" I ask. She looked down. "You make me better Cosmo. I want to be better" she says. "I wont ask you to betray them" i say. "You dont have too. If I only get one more act of violence, let it be to them" she says. "You're crazy" i say. "No, im Psycho" she says. We smiled. "Well you cant go home now" i say. She raised an eyebrow. "What do you say to a costume change?" I ask.