Chapter 26

Mira's POV (back to their date)
I looked at the time on my phone. 9:30. I also saw a bunch of texts from Cam.
"Crap!" I yelled.
"What wrong?" Jay asked me.
"I told Cam I'd be home an hour ago. I gotta get home." Jay and I were at a arcade place downtown. Tonight, we went to dinner at Applebee's (my favorite) then we came here. This place had arcade games, go carting, and laser tag. We've done everything but laser tag.
"Oh um ok then. Let's go." Jay

When I got home, I thanked Jay for the great night and jumped out of the car and slammed it shut. I was waiting for him to get out also but when he didn't, I opened the door again.
"Are you gonna come in?" I asked him.
"Nah it's ok."
"It'll be really funnn."
"What are you doing?" He asked. I explained everything and Jay slowly nodded his head.
"Uh sure why not."
"Great come on." Jay got out of the car and followed me up the driveway. I unlocked the door and the first thing I saw was Cameron's disapproving stare.
"You're late. And that Jacob dude was knocking on the door for a half and hour. He thought I was lying and that you were hiding in your room." He grumbled.
"Sorry sorry." I said repeatedly.
"Whatever. Who's this?" Cam gestured to jay.
"Oh this is Jay. Jay this is my brother Cameron. What game are we playing?" I asked Cam. He he turned and smiled evilly at me.
He made a gesture for us to follow him. He led us to the basement and turned on the Xbox Kinect.
"I hope your boyfriend likes to dance." Cam said.
"He's not my boyfriend. And we're playing Just Dance?" I said excitedly. Cam nodded his head. Just Dance was the only video game I was good at.
"Oh I'm so going to kick your ass. I'm a master dancer." Jay said as Cam set up then game.
"Think again. Cam and I are beasts at this game." I smirked.
"Oh we'll see about that"
------
"How are you guys not tired?" Jay asked as he plopped onto the couch.
"Because we're awesome." Cam said and I added on "and you're not." We've danced to 8 songs and Jay has only won one of them. The only reason he won was because he dared us to free style to the song instead of following the actual moves.
"You have to buy us food." Cam said. "Ugh" was Jay's response.
"What time is it?" I asked. I had left my phone upstairs. Jay checked his phone and said "10:23"
"I wonder if Mom and Dad are home yet."
"Probably not." Cam said with an eye roll.
"Then let's go get food now." I suggested.
"I don't feel like it." Jay grumbled.
"You're just a sore loser. Pleassssseeeee?" I begged.
"No I'm too tired. We can go tomorrow."
"Please. Please. Pleasssee." Cameron and I kept whining and begging until Jay finally gave in.
"Alright fine."
"Yay. Really?"
"No."
"Fine. Then tomorrow" I grumbled as I slumped back into the couch. Cameron sighed and stood up.
"What movie do you wanna watch?" He asked me.
"Hmm lets watch-" I didn't even get to finish before he cut me off.
"No disney movies, singing movies, and no marvel movies!"
"Darn it you just banned all my favorites! Fine then Grown Ups." Cam started to look through the movies and I turned to Jay.
"Jay do you have to get home at any certain time?" I asked. He shook his head.
"Good. Then would you like to stay and watch a movie?"
"Sure."
"Alright. I'm gonna go make some popcorn. Jay you can come help me get the junk food. Cam set up the pillows." I said and headed for the stairs.
"Why do I always have to do the boring stuff." Cam grumbled.
"Because I said so." I yelled from the top of the steps. I made my way to the kitchen and started getting out all the sugary items in the cabinets.
"Wow, you go all out don't you." Jay muttered as I handed him a giant bag of chocolate chips.
"Yep."
------
After the movie was over, I sat up and yawned. Cameron was asleep on the floor and I was nearly asleep. I checked my phone and saw it was just after 12:30.
"I better go." Jay said as he stood up.
"Bye." I closed my eyes and laid back down on the couch.
"Turn the tv off before you leave please." I mumbled into my pillow.
"I will. Goodnight Mira."
"Night"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
The next morning, I woke up to Cameron's butt in my face.
"Eww get off of me you jerk." I pushed him as hard as I could and he landed on the floor face first.
"Mom and Dad told me to wake you up."
"And that's how you do it? Gross." I sat up and looked around. Everything from last night had been cleaned up.
"Why'd you wake me from my wonderful slumber?" I demanded.
"It's nearly 11. Mom said you can go sleep in you room instead."
"Ughhhhhh. Fine." I stood up and climbed up the stairs.
"Wait Mira when's your boyfriend buying us food?" Cam asked.
"I don't know ill text him. And he's not my boyfriend!"

I had just plopped onto my bed when Jacob barged into my room and laid down next to me.
"Um can I help you?" I asked him as I sat up.
"Nah I'm good." He snuggled further into the bed and got comfortable.
"How did you get up here?"
"Your parents."
"Stupid parents" I grumbled. "Is there a reason you came over?"
"Ya but I can't tell you yet."
"Well that doesn't sound mysterious at all." I muttered and laid back down. I have a feeling Jacob wouldn't be leaving. We sat there for a couple minutes before I got bored.
"When will you be able to tell me why you are here?" I asked.
"When I receive a text."
We sat in silence for a couple minutes before I got bored again.
"Sighhhhhhhhhh" I said.
"Did you just sigh the word sigh?" Jacob asked and gave me weird look.
"Yes yes i did. You gotta problem with that?" I dared him to saying anything.
"You're so strange." He said and shook he head.
Then, he phone buzzed. He looked at it then pushed me off the bed.
"Heyyyy!" I yelled at him.
"That was for ditching me last night." He said with a smirk.
"I never officially agreed to hang out so therefore I didn't ditch you." I stated and crawled back into bed.
"Whatever you say.."
As soon as I was laying down again he pushed me off a second time.
"Go get dressed." He said, still looking at his phone.
"Oh I wasn't aware I was sitting here naked." I replied sarcastically.
"You are very sarcastic."
"Thank you." I said as I stood up. I tried to lay back down but Jacob just shoved me again.
"No go get dressed." He said again.
"Whyyy." I whined.
"We'll do you wanna go out in public like that?"
"I'm not going out. I'm gonna lay here and relax."
"Nope. We are going out."
"No we aren't."
"Ugh just get dressed and stop being so complicated." He groaned.
"At least tell me where we are going."
"It's a secret."
Whatever. I decided that I had nothing better to do today so I went to my bathroom and got dressed in some washed out skinny jeans and a doctor who tank top. I walked out and saw that Jacob had gotten off my bed. I shoved on my converse and quickly threw my hair in a bun.
"No." He said after glancing at my outfit.
"Ok so you tell me to change my outfit then you tell me that you don't approve of this?"
"Wear pants that are more comfortable."
"I was wearing something comfortable." I grumbled. He didn't reply so I groaned grabbed some athletic shorts and changed again.
"Better?" I asked.
"Yep lets go." I followed him downstairs and ran into my mom.
"Hi mom. Whatcha doing?"
"Cleaning."
"Why?"
"Cause that's what moms do."
"Whatever. But mom never again let this nit twit into the house without telling me." I said with a nod towards Jacob. She laughed.
"Are you going out?" She asked.
"I guess. If I haven't texted you by 1 call the police. Jacob must've murdered me."
"You are the weirdest child ever."
"I take after you." I winked and turned back to Jacob. He was standing awkwardly to the the side.
"Let's go I guess." I said to him.
"Bye mom. Tell Cam that I'll convince Jay to buy us ice cream later."
"Ok. Bye"
Jacob and I left and he refused to tell me where we were going.
--------
We were only driving for a few minutes before we pulled into the next neighborhood. We pulled into a long driveway that lead to Jay's house.
"Really? It was such a secret that we're going to Jay's?" I asked.
"Yep. Now let's go." He said as he got out of the car. I followed him as he led me to the backyard. I was kicking a rock and looking down. "Hey Mira" someone yelled. I looked up and before I could process what was going on, I was sprayed in the face with cold water.
"What the fuck?" I screeched as I blinked the water out of my eyes. Standing in front of me was a smiling Jay. In his hand was a giant water gun. Next to him were three other guns and a big bucket of water balloons. Behind him was a frowning Rina.