Chapter 4 - Show me what you can do

PREVIOUSLY

"You know Chris, we must celebrate! It's not every day you get to win a challenge and get to toast it with me." I clinked my glass against his.

"Why not?" He asked smugly.

"I don't see the problem in us celebrating each time you win. In fact, I wouldn't mind cheering you up every time you lose a challenge. I'd love to be the one to cheer you up." He chuckled.

"The problem is Mr. 'I'm so rich I can give champagne to my contestant every night' is that things would become suspicious." I poked his chest with my finger.

"Why do you say that?" Chris asked even though he clearly knew the answer but I still chose to humour him.

"Because your majesty I'm supposed to be a 16-year-old contestant while you sir are supposed to be the host that loves torturing teenagers and is made of pure evil." I smirked.

"What a conundrum indeed. I suppose we'll just have to be careful. Cheers." He lifted his glass.

"Cheers." I lightly touched his glass with my own and grinned.

PRESENT

The night we celebrated was spent with a lot of alcohol to the point it was difficult getting back to the cabin that same night. That's right I didn't sleep in Chris' bed that time.

A shame, truly.

The children gave me weird looks as I swayed towards the bathroom to wash my teeth and then walk to my bed. They must have thought I drugged myself since they considered that one of the contestants finding a bottle of liquid containing even 1% of alcohol was outrageous. Not because we're underage. It was simply that it was impossible for them to find any.

Not for me of course.

The next few days that were considered a break between the challenges were mostly spent swimming in the lake. As Geoff once said:

'You should enjoy your vacation at the beach as much as you can, dude! You never know when you might have to leave.'

Those were the wise words of the very knowledgeable Geoff.

It's not that I disliked swimming in a lake. On the contrary, I quite enjoyed it but I wish there was something else to do. As much as I hate to admit it, I have terrible patience and I can't stand doing the same thing every day. I have informed the campers about doing something new and Duncan proposed stealing something from Chris. Courtney who was one for rules and not wanting to get kicked off the competition for enraging the staff immediately argued against such a thing.

I was on Courtney's side on this not because I cared much about rules but mostly because Chris had already confirmed that he didn't mind me coming to his cabin and ravaging through his minibar so there wasn't much I would get out of this. Duncan huffed annoyed that 'princess' always had to ruin the fun. From there everyone separated and started doing their own thing. Some even went to talk or do something with our opponents.