Chapter 5 - Let's play a game

PREVIOUSLY

"Well, the thing is I used to massage my mother because she was always tired after work. I guess my mother was so used to it she never screamed."

"You have an impressive mother."

"I had an impressive mother..."

Chris's smile dropped.

"Oh, I'm sorry. My condolences."

"It's fine, it was a few years ago. It doesn't hurt as much anymore." That was a lie. To me, she was alive a few weeks ago. Then I came into this world to find out my parents had passed away. I had found out that I was truly left alone in this world. It still hurts.

"What was she like...?" He suddenly asked.

"Stubborn, smart, strong, capable... She was amazing really." I chuckled letting a tear fall down my face. I hadn't even noticed until Chris brushed it away with his thumb.

"You sure you're not describing yourself?" Chris tried to lift up the mood.

"Smart ass." I commented with a small laugh and he smiled.

PRESENT

I tossed and turned in my bed, my sleep being disrupted by the need to pee. After a good while, I decided that there was no way I could sleep any longer with the pressure building up in my bladder. I pushed away my blanket and immediately suffered the consequences of last night. My head was hurting as if I were beaten up with a crowbar on each side of my head.

I tried getting up but instantly fell back on my butt afterwards. Not too sure how I'm supposed to go on with my day while being hungover. It's a good thing that this is the day immediately after a challenge because if it weren't then I would have been in a world of pain. I could already imagine the grin on Chris' face.

Speaking of Chris, he must have carried me to my bed. The last thing I remember is talking to him so I must have fallen asleep outside. Now that I thought about it... I looked around the cabin to see that all of the beds were empty. They looked the same as they did yesterday. The campers must have not retired to bed.

Suddenly I felt the urgency of my bladder screaming at me so I decided to actually hurry up this time and try to ignore my headache. I grabbed a change of clothes, a towel and toiletries. Since I was still clothed the same way I was yesterday I must stink. My breath is probably even worse. A shower would do me nicely. I grabbed everything I needed and walked out the door.

The kids were still asleep on the grass with a bunch of trash and glass bottles surrounding them. Though there was one thing in the entire scene that stuck out. It was so small and insignificant anyone could have just looked over it. But given the rules of this show, the object couldn't have belonged to one of the kids which meant. This phone belonged to Chris.

The ends of my lips quirked upwards as an idea formed in my head.

I pressed the button on the side of the device and scrolled away from the lock screen. Unfortunately, I was met with a white rectangle demanding a password. I glared and 'tsked at it while thinking of the possibilities. Chris wasn't much of a sentimental guy so I pushed away the thought of it being a family member or a lover. (Probably doesn't have one with that ego of his).

I recall from somewhere that he used to be in a band when he was younger. What was it called again? 'Celebrities'? 'Stardom town'? 'Fame hall'?-

'Fame town'.

I typed it in but the phone vibrated meaning that it was wrong. As I thought. It did end up in failure so I shouldn't have even thought of trying it. Oh well better safe than sorry.