His birthday

Taehyun's a simple guy. He really is. Or at least that's what he thinks.

There's no use of sugarcoating words or lie about things in his opinion, so he doesn't. What he doesn't like, he'll avoid. What he likes, he'll pay full attention.

Taehyun's a simple guy.

He does whatever his wants and lives by two mottos; "breathe in courage, breathe out fear" and "I am what I think about". So he has no fears, and is straightforward.

Taehyun's a simple guy.

There are many things he's curious and interested of, mainly theories and sciences, but rarely humans. He doesn't pay much attention to humans, except for a few who had caught his eyes.

And that's when Beomgyu came in.

Taehyun first saw the older boy in public, in a fast food restaurant. Dressed in a navy blue uniform which Taehyun recognised as the uniform from his rivaling school, Beomgyu stood at the front of the queue, ordering his burger and fries. He had long hair back then, which was tied up in a messy half ponytail, accentuating his gorgeous facial structure. He had caught Taehyun's eyes, who was standing in the queue beside his, because firstly, he was handsome and cute, and secondly, because he was indecisive and rather clumsy. Taehyun had been observing him ever since he entered through the automatic door.

Beomgyu shined. He really did. The moment he entered the restaurant, all eyes were on him, and of course Taehyun's attention naturally diverted to him as well. There's just something about Beomgyu that makes him stand out, but Taehyun couldn't point out what it was. Probably because he's just extremely attractive.

But what made Taehyun even more interested in him was the fact that Beomgyu had been choosing his set meal for two minutes, causing the others in queue behind him to feel frustrated and annoyed. And Beomgyu knew that too, so he had been simultaneously apologising to the people behind him while still being indecisive on which burger he wanted. When he managed to finalise his order and was about to pay his meal, Taehyun had noticed that instead of his debit card, Beomgyu had pulled out his transportation card and attempted to tap on the machine with it in order to pay for his meal.

It made Taehyun let out a small laugh.

The cashier had an unamused face as she pointed it out to the long haired boy and Taehyun had watched how Beomgyu's cheeks turned pink with embarrassment, apologising to the cashier for the umpteenth time before finally being able to pay for his food with the right card.

When Taehyun had looked for his friends table and sat down with his own tray of food, Beomgyu had coincidentally chose a table at the corner which was entirely visible from Taehyun's.

And it seemed like Beomgyu had caught his friends' eyes as well.

"Isn't that Choi Beomgyu?" Taehyun's tall friend, Choi Soobin said.

"You know him?" Taehyun asked.

"Oh? What is this? You're interested? Ayeee~" Taehyun's other friend Hueningkai bumped his shoulder suggestively.

"I am intrigued" Taehyun confirmed.

"Well he's famous in both his school and our school. For funny reasons" Soobin smiled. "He's hailed as the cutest and most handsome guy in his school, but he doesn't know a thing about it. He's known for his obliviousness and cluelessness. Being clumsy and indecisive are his prominent traits too. He's also known for being very friendly and kind. There's a rumour going around that on his first day of school, he had tripped over someone's foot on accident and grabbed onto whatever that he could in the process, which was one of the professors' wig. It was embarrassing and humiliating to say the least. He's literally like an anime character living a fictional comedic life. His grades are average and has really bad sports genes. But I've heard that he has very strong legs and can run extremely fast, even though he runs in a funny way too. If I'm not wrong, he can play the guitar too."