eleven ✎

ANDRE SHOWED UP IN CLASS THE NEXT MORNING with a smile spread across his face, and tyler immediately noticed the shift from his usual neutral demeanor.

"hey dre," tyler smiled at andre as soon as he took his seat next to him, "i assume you had a good valentine's day?"

"oh yeah," andre confirmed with a giggle, "had a good ass night. halfway didn't wanna come to class this morning, because this the type of shit you gotta sleep off."

tyler just shot him a blank stare. he really didn't know how to respond to that.

andre just continued talking as normal, "so, what did you do last night? i know you ain't got nobody but shit...maybe you and your friends went out to eat or something."

tyler shook his head. "the only date i had last night was with all of the assignments i need to catch up on. i worked myself like a slave last night."

"nigga said a slave," andre chuckled, "the only thing about last night, was that rai got a lil mad at me because she found out about the groupchat and felt left out or something."

tyler raised an eyebrow, "what? how did she find out in the first place?"

"i mentioned it, she was already lowkey complaining that i don't spend enough time with her anymore and me mentioning that i was in a groupchat kinda made it worse," andre answered, revisiting the argument from last night.

"it's literally just a groupchat though," tyler responded, "like we don't even mention her in there because none of us even know her like that, so it's not like we're talking shit."

"it's not that," andre sighed, "remember how i mentioned that she gets really clingy with me sometimes and doesn't like me to talk to anyone other than her? that's why she made the groupchat such a big deal. she doesn't like it when i'm around a group of people i like because she's scared i might like one of them more than her or something."

saying it out loud, and noticing tyler's facial expression shift from confusion to pity, made andre realize just how toxic he made rai sound. he quickly amended his words.

"she's not like, toxic or anything, she's just overly clingy and it gets to be too much sometimes, you know?" andre followed up, "like, i could spend all day with her and only her, but the second i talk to someone else, suddenly she's sad and asking if i like them more than her."

tyler finally spoke up, "i mean, i don't really feel qualified to speak on it because i'm really clingy too, especially when it comes to you. i literally miss you all the time, i sit by my phone and wait for the next time we can hang out. but like...what she got going on? sounds like it needs therapy."

andre sighed. "yeah. and it sucks because i'm glad that i'm finally allowing myself to open up and make new friends like you, but i can't even really do that because my girl gets threatened so easily and shit."

tyler nodded. "you should tell her how it makes you feel. i've been in her shoes before, shit, i lowkey still am, like i said, i'm so so so attached to you, but she can't just...get mad at you for making friends."

"you're right. it's just easier said than done because i really don't want to hurt her feelings," andre answered. "but thanks for listening to me ramble ty, you're the best."