I3I

TW: offensive language 

My hands aloft—pure habit, no intent to actually use my powers—I approach Angela and her bratty crowd. They're standing around El, laughing at her as she tries to pick up the pieces of her broken project. The one she worked so hard on. 

I get mental flashbacks of her working on it day and night. For weeks. It's one of the first projects she's ever done for her first real school. And it was meaningful to her, which means more than anything else. 

"Hey assholes," I give them a sarcastic grin. The main guy looks me up and down, raising an eyebrow. "Your lives must be pretty boring if all you can do is pick on Jane." I tip my head to the side. "Shouldn't you be...off doing drugs or something?" 

Angela scoffs at me. "Oh screw off, Y/N," she rolls her eyes. "You're a loser. Exactly like your loser sister and your faggot boyfriend." 

She might just find herself without her head tomorrow. I keep my smile, flicking one of my fingers. The drink in her hand explodes, with an invisible energy wave. It covers her and her friends with red liquid. A strawberry smoothie. Obviously, because she isn't smart enough to get cherry. 

Angela squeals angrily, tossing the cup on the ground. "You did that, didn't you? That was you. I saw you do that." She accuses me loudly, in the courtyard full of people. 

I head over towards Jane, helping her pick up the project. Looking back up at Angela, I add—"Wow. Did, um, did anyone else see me throw Angela's drink over her?" 

No one answers. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Because all I see is a crazy bitch covered in her own smoothie." 

Jaw set, Mrs. Gracey makes her way over towards the group. "What is going on here? Jane? What happened to your presentation?" 

"Someone tripped her, Mrs. Gracey," I say, collecting Hopper's unattached head. I sigh, staring at it. 

El looks at me with panic. "No, I just—I tripped." 

I blink. 

Mrs. Gracey takes one look at Angela. "And how did Angela's drink get on the ground." 

No one answers. 

"Very well," Mrs. Gracey narrows her eyes. "Angela and Y/N, please accompany me to my office." 

I can see Will watching me from the corner, a worried expression on his face. It's just another detention, and for good cause. El's silent tears drip down her face and Will takes the project from her. 

"We'll fix it together. It's going to be okay." 

"I don't know what to think, girls," Mrs. Gracey says, folding her hands and shaking her head. "It seems that whenever I turn my back, you two are getting into some kind of feud." 

Angela puts on an innocent face. "It wasn't my fault this time, Mrs. Gracey, I promise. Jane tripped and then Y/N threw my cup at me." She twirls her hair. "When all I've done is try to make them feel welcome here." 

"Is that true, Y/N?" Mrs. Gracey asks. 

"Not in the slightest," I breathe in. "What happened was, a couple of the boys were messing around with El, trying to get her diorama. One of them tripped her, and Angela was standing nearby. She came over to try and help, but one of the boys bumped into her and knocked the drink out of her hand." 

"Oh." Mrs. Gracey looks surprised. "Angela? Y/N didn't pour your drink on you?" 

Angela looks shell-shocked. 

Updates may be shorter but more frequent 

✏️ Next update: monday