I4I

I hope I took Angela by surprise with my fake-ass story. 

"Angela," Mrs. Gracey frowns. "Is Y/N telling the truth?" Her lips tug down into a disapproving frown. 

The fact is, my story actually makes her look good. 

"Yes, she is," Angela nods. "I'm so sorry we got off on the wrong foot before, Y/N," she smiles widely at me. Fakery. "I was confused about the drink thing, but now I completely understand. I hope we can be friends now." 

"Of course," I say, equally as fake. "And I hope you'll forgive me for calling you a bitch earlier." Even though it's one hundred percent true. 

Angela holds out her hand and I almost gag. "Friends?" 

I take it. "Sure." 

Mrs. Gracey blinks, looking utterly flabbergasted. "Well, if that's it, you two are dismissed now." She points towards the door. "Get out of my office girls, and no more fighting in the future." She sighs, rubbing her temples. "I don't get paid enough for this." 

We stand up and I hold the door open for Angela, who smiles sweetly. "Thank you, Y/N." 

I hold in my snide retort until we get outside. 

"Don't for one second think that I was telling the truth," Angela snips. "I am not your friend, and you're still a loser." 

I laugh at her. "In what world do I want to be your friend?" 

And then I leave. 

Will and El are waiting for me when I get home. El is eating waffles and Will is anxiously rolling a pair of dice on the table. 

"Did you get in trouble?" El sees me first, putting her fork down. 

"No," I grin. 

Will sighs. "You really need to stop getting yourself into these kinds of situations."

"And you need to stop worrying so much, William Byers," I sit down beside him. "Hey, it's almost spring break. You know what that means." 

El's eyes light up for the first time all day. "Mike." 

"My idiot brother is coming here," I say, shaking my head. "El, could you just like, tell me what you see in him?" 

"He's a good kisser." El says slowly. 

Will covers his ears. "God, please don't talk about Mike like that, you're both grossing me out." He backtracks. "Not that you're gross, but can we please change the subject." 

"Hey, is Nancy coming too?" I ask. 

"Nope," Jonathan overhears my question as he comes down the stairs. He takes the entire jug of orange juice from the fridge and then promptly goes back to his room to get more stoned. 

"I wish he'd stop it with the weed," Will says, annoyed. 

"The organic plants?" El frowns. "He said they were not bad." 

"They aren't bad, exactly," I say. 

Will looks at me. "They turn Jonathan into a total moron." 

"So not much of a difference," I add. "Just kidding." 

El watches our exchange. 

"What do you have planned for the first day of spring break?" I ask El. 

"The roller rink," she answers, smiling brightly. 

Will sighs again. 

I can tell he's hiding something from me, but I don't know what.