Coronation

Chapter 2 Coronation

Kataras POV

I woke up and rubbed my head. I looked around and realized I was in a bed and my shoes were on the floor next to the bed. Then all these thoughts came into mind. What happened, how did I get here, and where's Zuko?

I heard a knock on the door so I responded with "come in". Zuko walked in , clutching his torso. I immediately got out of the bed and rushed over to him to help him. "Why are you up and moving? You're hurt, you should be resting. " I said with concern . He looked at me with a raised eyebrow as if he noticed the level of concern in my voice.

"You're the one that collapsed.'' He smirked "Yeah well you're the one that got struck by lightning." He nodded as I sat him on the bed and grabbed some water from the glass on the nightstand.

But he grabbed my hand as a gesture not to heal him. "Is something wrong?" I ask

"Yeah, you collapsed while healing me. You should regain your strength before healing me more."

" I know what I'm doing now, let me help you."

"No Katara. I didn't jump in front of lightning so you could waste your energy on me when you should be using it to help yourself."

I was stunned at first then I was angry. He tried to get up to leave but I grabbed his wrist. " you did jump in front of lightning and I'm thankful that you did. But let me help you as repayment. I don't care if I'm using all of my energy, it's mine to use as I want and I want to help you." he pulled me into a hug. I was shocked at this action. But after a moment hugged him back.

"Katara please get your full strength back before you go using up what you have left" he pleaded. "Ok but just this once" I said.

One day later

Zuko pov

I grunted as I try to put on my robe. "How many times do I have to tell you ask for help."

"I'm fire lord I should be able to do simple things by myself."

"You're not fire lord yet and there's no shame in asking for help." she said as she walked over to me and put my arm through the sleeve of the robe.

"Today it is important your becoming Fire lord. You need to reserve your strength."

"Thanks for your concern but I'm fine," I said as I wince from pain."

"Sure you are, '' Katara said sarcastically. There was silence for a few moments.

" I uhh I should go and find the group." she said awkwardly.

"Yeah, g...good idea. I'll see you at the end of the coronation" I also sounded awkward.

"Ok. I'm gonna go now.'' As she left I slapped my forehead.

"Why did I stammer. I probably sounded like an idiot," I said to myself.

I walked out on to the balcony. Everyone went silent as I knelt to the ground. The fire sage carried the crown that looked like a flame. "All hail fire lord Zuko." the crown was placed on my head. The crowd that consisted of the earth kingdom, water tribe, and fire nation cheered. I stood up and met Katara's eyes in the crowd. She was standing next to her brother and father.

There was a celebration in the palace for the new Fire lord and the war being over. Sokka and Aang were already there. The party has just started and there were a few people there, but I knew more would come. "Hi guys, " I greeted the two friends. "Hello firelord" Sokka emphasized Fire lord.

"Where is Katara and Suki"

"They're girls, they take longer to get ready." we all shrug our shoulders in agreement.