⚝ ⚝ ⚝

TW: mention of suicide

I took a deep breath. This situation was so overwhelming and yet I was sure that I was right.

I quickly put the new sim-card that I got from a gas station on my way here into my old cell phone and started it, downloaded the Messenger and set up a new profile. I needed a profile that Jake couldn't read.

Then I grabbed my actual phone and opened Messenger. My phone hovered over the connection to Hannah's phone for a moment before I opened it and opened the messages, specifically the chat with the Man without a face.

I bit my lower lip, still undecided if what I was doing was really right.. and I knew that wasn't so true. It was right for me. But not in general.

I quickly typed my message.

Before I had any more doubts, I tapped send and stared at the screen uneasily, waiting for something to happen

Before I had any more doubts, I tapped send and stared at the screen uneasily, waiting for something to happen. It really didn't take long and the short ringtone on my old cell phone told me that I had been added. I deleted the message - luckily in the meantime I had considered the possibilities that I could delete the message without Jake noticing that this message had been sent. He would eventually make it if he tried.. but why should he? At the time, he hadn't noticed that I had had a brief exchange with the Man without a face in the chat.

I disconnected Hannah's cell phone and turned off my original cell phone completely. I couldn't imagine it, but I didn't want Jake getting into my microphone because I wasn't responding.

I took another deep breath as I grabbed my old phone and opened Messenger again. A sad smile appeared on my lips as I read the faceless man's message. It was too obvious.. and yet my heart was beating fast in my chest.

My finger hovered over the send button again for a moment

My finger hovered over the send button again for a moment. I didn't want to be sure, but there was too much to suggest. The realization hurt me. It was almost worse than the pain that gripped me when I thought about watching Richy die.

But from the insights I had gotten through all the research and the others and the way I got to know Richy.. I just couldn't imagine that he was there with an absolutely bad intention. I needed to know, and I didn't need any interruption from the others or Jake.