Chapter Five

A worm like creature shot out of the deeper pits, it had purple scales and eyes on all its segments, it was like an evolved form of the Devourers. The team saw this, they can't fight something like this!
"We gotta go!" Jack withdrew his blade, the others withdrew their weapons too, and they climbed the rope. The worm saw this with all of its eyes, and cut off the rope. They all fell down safely, but they were stuck now in a narrow space, against a collosal worm.

"Holy fucking shit we're screwed!" Belle panicked. She pulled out her whip again and began slapping its segments in fear. Jack saw this and really questioned himself, why didn't he try attacking it like Belle... He felt embarrassed and grabbed a random sword from his arsenal, and slashed one of its segments, right in the eye. The sword felt hot, so he knew it was the Greatsword. Then the unexpected happened, The segment attacked! It charged at Jack directly with its fangs, dealing massive damage to him. "Jack!" Victor called, as he finally let go of the rope and went ahead to fire his gun at the segments attacking him, he destroyed one, now the rest of the worm attacked him before he could do more.

Belle on the other hand got separated.
She was on the other side of the cave, whipping the segments attacking her.
"This is wayyy too easy!" She felt relaxed as she kept destroying the segments. She heard screaming again, hindering her confidence. "What the hell!?" She screamed, even her minions returned to her staff in fear, leaving her defenceless, and was charged at, and pinning her. "Fuck you!" She screamed, as she grabbed her staff and stabbed the eyes with it, letting her go, but she could still hear the screams, and her staff was still piercing the worm's eye. "Dammit, Its not like I have another..." She then finally recalled her other staff, "Ohhhhhh," She slapped her face, and began summoning the little creature minions, throwing their spears at the worm, its scales were falling off...

Jack couldn't find Victor, he was looking around as he was dodging the worm's fangs. "Vic!" He kept calling, he wasn't attacking , that was his weak point. The worm grabbed a chunk of corrupted stone and threw it at Jack, he barely dodged it, in fact he had to equip his shield to dash out of the way, but he dashed into an altar, damaging him. He was feeling a bit dizzy, it got worse when the screaming was heard again, he couldn't do anything, because he got too focused on looking for Victor, he felt stupid.

"Idiot"
"We told you"
"Another"
"You have them all!"
"Create The Night's Edge!"
"Its The Hero!"

The screaming turned into cheers, this felt strange, in fact, he felt like he was holding something cold, it felt like the cold winds of the night. The Worm looked at him, it didn't attack, it was in fear, though it was at least 2 segments were with it, but it seemed to fear Jack now, then it seemed to have stopped the voices.

"He ki-"
"Rou-"

The voices were stopped abruptly, but Jack could understand it said 'Hero'.
He didn't get it, this seemed like the creator of the Corruption, but though he was trying to cleanse it, he was still called a Hero by this creature.

Jack prepared to attack again, then he noticed all four of his main swords were gone, but, he held a dark blade, a dark cold blade, he even felt the power of the blade itself, It felt great.

"Great! Now-"
"Im in danger!"
"Its In..."
"The Corruption-"
"Slay th-"
"Them deathw-"

The worm spoke, Jack glared at the worm, he couldn't even believe a Boss that could speak, "Where's Belle and Victor?" Jack asked it, the worm looked confused, the. it remembered that he had people with him.

"Your de-"
"Alice?"

Jack wondered who Alice is, but he realised it meant allies. "Yes, they're my team." The worm closed its eyes, and it waited for something.