Chapter Six

Before you start, I just wanna say I'm really sorry if it's lame. I don't really know how the Venom GT and street racing really works, but let's just say it's like that, alright? I just used the movies such as Fast and Furious, Need for Speed, etc. for references and my imagination to do this.

***

Third Person's Point of View

"Go!"

Xhiella released her pressure from the brake and slammed on the gas pedal in a single swift, fluid motion.

Monica, known as the Empress, furrowed her eyebrows as Xhiella pulled ahead instantly, overtaking her.

The strip out of the University was narrow in the virtual-reality, bordered on either side with a screen on and a woman's face on holographics.

Xhiella smiled cheekily as she moved to the middle, straddling the centre of the roadway. She effectively trapped Monica behind her, with no room to pass her on either side.

Monica scoffed, her eyes forced to fixate on the spoiler of Xhiella's car in front of her. Xhiella looked in her rearview mirror. Monica wore a face of concentration, her lips parted as she furrowed her eyebrows.

Xhiella's brown eyes quickly darted back to the road, as the pavement of the Montereal University merged into the traffic on, just like in Tokyo, Japan.

“Gusto ko na talaga 'tong school na 'to! Kahit 'yong mga kotse nagalaw at mukhang may mga driver! I should thank my brother later.” Xhiella commented while chuckling and looking amusely at the virtual-reality in front of her.

Xhiella hit the accelerator hard, her engine roared and her RPM skyrocketed as she got her speed up on the on-ramp. Her Hennessey Venom GT merged onto the highway, cutting in front of a white transport truck.

Monica accelerated to follow, but there wasn't any more room to cut in front of the transport truck. Running out of road on the on-ramp, Monica had to brake harshly. The car behind her almost crashed into her rear-end as her wheels skidded.

Monica had no choice but to slow down enough to let the transport truck pass. The transport truck was lengthy and was going the speed limit, maybe below.

As it passed by, Monica cursed at how much of a lead Xhiella was getting. She merged behind the transport truck and weaved out into the next lane.

From her new vantage point, her eyes scanned the horizon for Xhiella's black Hennessey Venom GT. She spotted it: its underbody lights glowed a menacing green and it was really far ahead.

Monica was able to hold a mostly steady position in second. Xhiella, however, was so far ahead she couldn't see the other cars through her mirrors.

She spun her head physically around, her car swaying slightly out of her lane as ahe did so. She spotted her competition, it's bright headlights illuminating the falling mist.

Xhiella smiled. She loved the rush of racing, adored going 40 over the speed limit. She loved the wind whipping through her window, the drops of mist condensing on her forearm. She loved the whiteness of her knuckles as she gripped the steering wheel. She loved feeling time pass by slower moving at higher speeds.