1 | 5

M O R A E A

It was all going to hell. Ginny Weasley was captured. The Golden Trio was looking at her with more suspicion than ever. They were in possession of Tom's stolen diary. Everyone - students, teachers - they were tense.

It was no wonder Hermione had spent her entire time at the library looking for a book that was suspiciously missing, for it was in the hands of Moraea Riddle.

After reading the book, some light has been cast on the situation.

50 years ago was the first time the Chamber of Secrets had been opened.

50 years ago the Dark Lord had attended Hogwarts as a student.

50 years ago, a student had been killed in the girls' bathroom.

A student named Myrtle.

Moraea felt herself deserving of Ravenclaw, for she was not stupid enough not to make the connections.

Tom Marvolo Riddle was the heir.

But he was not living anymore... How did he manage to open the Chamber, let alone go after mudbloods?

She was about to find out.

Moaning Myrtle was sitting on the tank of the end toilet

"Who are you?" she asked when she saw Moraea.

"I'm here to ask how you died." She had no time to waste, for Ginny Weasley could be dying this very moment.

Myrtle's whole aspect changed at once. She looked as though she had never been asked such a flattering question.

"Ooooh, it was dreadful," she said with relish. "It happened right in here. I died in this very stall. I remember it so well. I had hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. The door was locked, and I was crying, and then I heard somebody come in. They said something funny. A different language, I think it must have been. Anyway, what really got me was that it was a boy speaking. So I unlocked the door, to tell him to go and use his own toilet, and then -" Myrtle swelled importantly, her face shining. "I died."

"How?" said Moraea.

"No idea," said Myrtle in hushed tones. "I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes. My whole body sort of seized up, and then I was floating away...." She looked dreamily at Moraea. "And then I came back again. I was determined to haunt Olive Hornby, you see. Oh, she was sorry she'd ever laughed at my glasses."

"Basilisk..." Moraea muttered, remembering the monster drawn on the book she had nicked. "Where exactly did you see the eyes?" she asked, trying to hide the guilt that was forming inside her. Her own father was responsible for all of this.

"Somewhere there," said Myrtle, pointing vaguely toward the sink in front of her toilet.

Riddle hurried over to it.

It looked like an ordinary sink. She examined every inch of it, inside and out, including the pipes below. And then she saw it: Scratched on the side of one of the copper taps was a tiny snake.

"That tap's never worked," said Myrtle brightly as Moraea tried to turn it.

It was worth a shot, so Riddle tried speaking Parseltongue to it. She never had any trouble with it.

"Open up" She said.

Except that the words weren't what she heard; a strange hissing had escaped her, and at once the tap glowed with a brilliant white light and began to spin. Next second, the sink began to move; the sink, in fact, sank, right out of sight, leaving a large pipe exposed, a pipe wide enough for a man to slide into.

In the rush of the moment, Riddle summoned all her anger and fiercely punched a dirty mirror - it broke into many smaller shards. Myrtle let out an abominable scream.

Moraea silently cursed herself as the pain in her bleeding knuckles hit her. She could've simply used her wand.

Maybe the hat was right after all.

"Don't tell me you're gonna go in there!" Myrtle moaned, just now really seeing the tunnel.

"I have to."

"Noooooo..." Myrtle moaned again, as if she were the one who was going to enter it.

"Your death will be avenged, Myrtle."

Moraea picked up one of the medium sized shards and hurried into the tunnel; she didn't have much time if she wanted to find Ginny alive.