- 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙬𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨 -

❝ 𝘪'𝘮 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨! 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘮𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥! ❞

❝ 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨. ❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

       JUN YAWNED AS he walked through the somewhat-awake town. After checking his phone, he saw that he had at least twenty minutes left to get to his first class, but he had one small thing to take care of beforehand—the two books he had forgotten to return to the GDT Arcane Bookstore.

       Hopefully Lina wouldn't charge him some kind of late fee for the two books.

       Even after learning the truth about Jim's armor, the boy was given better explanations than his two books could ever give him. For one thing, he couldn't even read the second book with a castle on the cover, seeing as the writing was in a completely different language. It didn't look like Kanji, Hiragana, or Katakana at all, which made him question why Lina would give him a book in a language he couldn't understand.

       He rounded a street corner and eventually stopped in front of the bookstore, but a frown fixed on his face when he saw the closed sign still against the door. Out of the corner of his left eye, he saw a little red bird perched on the flower box—but the weirdest part was the little bowtie it wore.

       Jun then looked down to see a black cat sitting closer to the door, and a pair of glasses sat in front of its eyes. The two animals simply stared at him, and he couldn't tell if they were curious, unbothered, or annoyed at the fact that he was trespassing on their beloved territory.

       He was hoping he wasn't trespassing on their beloved territory.

       The bookstore door suddenly opened, and the boy saw Douxie leaving with keys in his hands. The moment Douxie and Jun made eye contact, Jun noticed the dark shadows under Douxie's eyes. That was strange—did Douxie not sleep more than four hours? That thought wandered around Jun's head before the sight of Douxie waving his hand in front of his face.

       "Jun? Are you alright?" The Benoit's waiter questioned. Jun blinked and shook his head, effectively snapping himself out of his own daze. God, he had to fix that habit of spacing out.

       "Sorry, just...tired," Jun answered, an embarrassed laugh coming from him. That wasn't even a lie. He had woken up at four in the morning for no reason, and he wasn't able to go back to sleep. It was weird—that rarely ever happened to him. "I forgot to return these books Lina loaned me three weeks ago, sorry."

       Jun wanted to facepalm once he realized he apologized twice in the same conversation. He swung his backpack around until it hung in front of his chest, and he pulled out the two books he had forgotten about.