1

holy shit okay so if i say mum by accident it's because i'm scottish 💀 that's all u gotta know

Mike wheeler

6:00am. Monday morning, the first monday he wouldn't want to wake up for in 7 weeks.

Summer has just passed and it was time for mike to go to his first day of university. the place was very far away, a 5 hour train ride in fact. none of his friends were going except for will, who he hadn't really spoke to in the past year due to his "problems". the upside down hadn't been acting up, the gang split up a bit. but the only true painful split was him and will. every single night without fail mike wished he had the courage to call will, or even just talk on their walkie talkies as a "joke" to remind everyone of old times. to mike it seemed stupid though, those walkie-talkies had probably been lost, thrown out, or even forgotten by the rest of their group. 

after thinking all of this he got embarrassed and laughed thinking how goofy that emo moment was

6:20am

wtf? how have i just been laying here awake for 20 minutes thinking? no wonder i'm always late to things

he FINALLY got up, brushed his teeth and did a simple skincare, trying to hide his freckles with some of his sisters foundation who for some reason still lived with them.  mike hated his freckles, everyone complimented them when they found out but it just never helped him feel better. after spending about an hour on that, he got dressed as fast as he could, dressing casually as he didn't want to be seen as try-hard but not tasteless either. if the outfit wasn't okay he decided he would just bring a spare fancier outfit in case anyway.

he kept basically the same haircut since he was young, long hair suited him more than short in his defense.

his hair brushing and fluffing was interrupted by a shout from his mom, karen wheeler.

"CMON MIKE YOUR TRAIN IS SOON AND YOU HAVENT HAD BREAKFAST"

he checked the time and she had been right, it was now 8:00 and his train was at 8:30. Mike rushed down the stairs with his trainers half on, fixing them at the bottom.

k: "what do you want for breakfast sweetie? it has to be fast though the train station is a 15 minute drive"

m: "it's okay mom i'll just skip breakfast and get something on the train if there's somewhere to buy from"

k: "are you sure? it's a long trip and if you don't get something you know what you're like when you're hungry."

mike was staring to get annoyed and impatient, wanting to be early to his train.

m: "im sure, can we just go now? i want to be early"

reluctantly his mother gave in and he collected his bags and LOTS of money he had saved before summer specifically for university. mike knew it might be hard and even with the help of his family he would need to be a little loaded.

At the train station

Mike got on the train with a lot of hassle, but it turns out he wasn't the only one who had thought of turning up early for a free seat. he looked for a free seat and eventually found a place with only one person.

(by the way the train was set up like ones in harry potter, for reference. little booths with enough space for 4 people)

he closed his eyes and sat down hoping to just drift off to sleep and not even acknowledge the person, no unwanted new friends were to be made yet in mikes mind. friends = drama, first term of uni drama was NOT the way he wanted to go.

?: "mike wheeler? holy shit you look the exact same as you did a year ago"