Chapter 34

The next day...

After the 1st half of conditioning on the baseball field, the girls next exercise is the "Egg Drop".

"Oooh, I love this game." said Khole, as she exclaims while looking at her teammates. "My siblings and I love to play this game so much! Grandmother Mica would always teach us how to be gentle while catching them."

"Honestly, I think that we will all need at least boxing gloves in order to catch the eggs safely," said Nora, as she snorted.

"Uh, I think you mean baseball gloves," said Clara, as she asked Nora.

"Uh, no I was actually talking about boxing gloves." said Nora, as she admits to her.

"Wait, why boxing gloves?" said Brynn, as she questions her.

"Yeah, why?" said Khole, giving Nora a confused look.

"Seriously, I mean come on look at me." said Nora, as the girls stood silent and looked completely clueless.

"Uh, is it because you're a boxer?" said Maire, as she questioned her. "Or was it?"

"You're all killing me here." said Nora, with an annoyed sigh. "Yes."

"Ohhh..." said Clara, Khole, Maire, and Brynn, finally getting Nora's say.

"Ohhh..." said Nora, mimicking them. "Psh, whatever. Let's just grab the eggs and take care of them, before they hit the ground. Or some one."

"Nora, you're not thinking of dropping the egg on Ramona? Are you?" said Clara, asking her.

"What? Me?" said Nora, acting hurt. "Why, I would never. However, I would if she strikes first with the egg."

"Really, Nora." said Khole, as she tells her. "Why can't you and Ramona be friends already?"   

"Because, we can't ever be friends, okay!" said Nora, as she raised her voice to them, making the girls jump.

Nora leaves to get her egg before the girls could get partnered up by Coach Abby.

"Sheesh, I was just saying." said Khole, as she turns to Clara. "What's her problem?"

"Hey, Clara, aren't you her best friend or something?" said Brynn, asking her.

"Well, yeah." said Clara, as she admits.

"Then why does she hate Ramona?" said Brynn, questioning her.

"Um... I'm not sure." said Clara, as she admits to them.

"Okay, girls! Settle in!" said Coach Abby, as she and Coach Mica gathered up the girls pairing them with another teammate.

During the egg drop, everything was looking good from the start. However, things changed after Ramona dropped her egg on Nora's head, due to letting her run into a pile of mud.

"Oh, it's on!" said Nora, wiping off the smashed egg on her head.

Nora headshots Ramona with her egg, on her face causing Ramona to fall on her back.

"Ugh!" said Ramona, as she grunts.

"Bullseye!" said Nora, as she called out.

"Why you little!" said Zenni, as she threw her egg at Nora.

"Right back at ya!" said Addison, getting Zenni back in the process.

"Girls, girls!" said Coach Abby, as she and Coach Mica try to get the girls to stop before it's too late. "Girls, please!"

Both Ellery and North get Addison back, in which Brooklyn and Brynn, throw their eggs at the two of them.

"Yee Haw!" said Brooklyn, as she cheered. "Got them!"

Before Coach Abby and Coach Mica can continue to stop the girls from causing a fight, Ramona, who got up from the ground, looks at the rest of the girls.

"EGG WAR!!!" yelled Ramona, as she grabbed a caseload of eggs before the rest of the girls could follow her.

"Uh oh!" said Christen, as she gets out of the way, before the war can start around her.

"Run, Christen! Run!" said Maire, as she yelled at Christen.

The girls start a battle against Ramona and the new girls, except for Maire, Christen, Coach Abby, and Coach Mica, along with Khole and Gia aren't involved in.

"Yikes!" said Maire, as she tried to roll her wheelchair out of the egg battle. "Come on, come on! Urgh!"

Just then, Christen comes to Maire's aid by dragging her out of the field and onto the dugout's baseball field, after Coach Abby gets hit by an egg.

"Didn't think I was going to leave you here to get hit by an egg did ya?" said Christina, as she chuckles, while settling Maire down on the nearest bench.

"Uh... No I guess not." said Maire, as she looked at her. "Anyways, we have to stop them!"

"Not right now, something tells me this fight isn't over yet." said Christen

Meanwhile, Alaia, Clara, Nyla, Rylee, Sabrina, and Reese were dodging the other girls' attacks. Coach Mica is also dodging the eggs by using her Tai Chi moves.

"Man, Coach Mica is a good dodger." said Christen, as she tells Maire, Khole, and Gia, while being in the dugout with them. "I mean, look at those tai chi moves. It looks like she could see how fast the eggs are coming towards her. She's like... like-"

"Wonder Woman!" said Gia, as she called out.

"Exactly! Wonder Woman! From the 2017 film!" said Christen

"Yup, that's my grandmother! I know the exact same moves that she's doing." said Khole, proudly.

"Then why aren't you out there with her?" said Christen

"Dude, it's an egg war, not a water balloon war! I mean come on, nobody would want to go home smelling like an eye head." said Khole, as she continued. "Besides, I just washed my hair yesterday."

Christen shakes her head.

"Girls, look! They ran out of eggs!" said Maire, pointing at the girls.

As the girls run out of eggs, both Nora and Ramona turn the egg war into a brawl, in which the two of them are the only ones fighting.

Coach Abby blows her whistle, having enough of the girls' rebellious behavior towards one another, finally captures their attention, in which both Alaia and Clara use the time to separate both Nora and Ramona.

"Enough!" said Coach Abby, as she yelled at Nora and Ramona. "You girls shouldn't be fighting! You're teammates not rivals! What's the matter with you two?!"  

Nora and Ramona, looked at eachother with hatred in their eyes.

"Come on girls, as a team we're going to clean up the mess that you girls made." said Coach Abby, as she orders the girls. "Practice isn't over until this place is clean and spotless. Understood?"

"Yes," said the girls, as they agreed.

The team and Coach Abby started to clean up the baseball field, along with the help of Coach Mica, Maire, and Christen.

Meanwhile, during the team's clean up...

Christen gathers around Maire and Clara, while they are cleaning up the first base of the baseball field. Christen hands them a bucket of water with soap, before handing them a rag.

"I'm curious... Do any of you know the reason why Nora dislikes Ramona?" said Christen, questioning them.

Both Maire and Clara shrugged in response, admitting that they don't know why

"We don't know why." said Maire and Clara, while admitting to her.