Pet Peeves

Sadie Jones had always wanted a fluffy pet. She and her older sister Susan begged their parents every day for one. Even though she already had 6 bowls of guppies, a shelf full of bettas and a large tank of goldfish. Sadie just wanted a different pet other than staring at fish all day. 

                     The Jones family used to have 2 rabbits Sunny and Choco. But Sunny unfortunately passed away from old age. And Mr Jones bought a cute black bunny for Choco to play with. They both eventually passed from old age when Sadie was about 8. 

                    Sadie and her older sister Susan both wanted a puppy dog. So 14 year old Susan made a PowerPoint Presentation on reasons why they should have a puppy. Mr Jones was very fond of dogs, but Mrs Jones held firm. They were most certainly not getting a dog. 

                     Susan was disappointed, and so was Sadie. So what did they do? They made puppy eyes. As Mr Jones was a dog lover, he would be easier to break. He almost did. Until Mrs Jones intervened. "We already had 3 rabbits, and it was enough for Daddy to clean the cage every week. A dog would mean cleaning the entire HOUSE every day!" she said. Sadie pouted.

                     A few weeks later, Mrs Jones surprised the two. They got a dog, yes, but it was a toy. A life sized fluffy puppy plushie. Sadie screamed. She happily took the pup plush and named it Tom. All was peaceful for the next few years, until one day Sadie asked Mrs Jones, "Can we get a hamster?".