Chapter 3- birthday Alaina

I came inside Fatty's house on July 13th with Solomon to see all of the guys standing with papers in their hands. "Hey...." I said.
"Hey, Alaina! Check out what we did!"
Crouton exclaimed, while handing me a piece of paper. I looked at it and felt my eyes water.
"Adoptive brother/best friend"
At the bottom he signed on the line 'Jacob Olds'
The same thing with the others. "Guys! You didn't need to do this for me!" I said.
"We want to be your brothers. And this was all Derek's idea" Fatty said, pointing to Chapstique. "Aawe! Come here!" I hugged all of them and I hugged the papers close to me. "Thank you!" I said. Suddenly I got a phone call from my dad. Oh no.
I went to the kitchen to answer it. "H-hello?"
"Alaina! Where the *bleep* are you?! You were supposed to be home for my meeting!"
I pulled the phone away from my ear to groan. Putting the phone back to my ear, I said, "yeah, dad. What day is it?" I was hoping he wasn't too drunk to know.
"Friday, why?"
"Yeah, goodbye dad. Call me back, never. Or at least when you love me again"
I hung up and went to Solomon. "C-can I stay with someone?" I asked. The guys looked at me with worry. "What happened?" Crouton asked. "M-my dad. He doesn't love me anymore" I froze for a second. Trying to not cry on my birthday, so was biting my tongue. But NaDaddy came up and hugged me, making me burst in to tears.
When I cooled down Solomon picked me up and took me out to his car. "Let's get you packed up" he told me. I nodded and told him my address. I climbed through my window and locked my door to make sure my dad didn't come in. After I had my whole room emptied, I climbed back out the window and got in the car. Solomon hugged me and kissed my head. "It'll be okay, I'll hold you forever"
I smiled and hugged him back. "We'll hold each other. Remember, you're grieving too"
He nodded sadly and I kissed his cheek "let's go do something fun" I suggested.
He grinned and started the car.
"I know just the place!"
We drove to a skate park and I squealed excitedly. "I love skateboarding!"
He laughed and opened the door for me. I got out and he pulled out a skateboard from his trunk. I pulled mine out of my bag and walked over to the park with him. As I set the board down I noticed some guys looking at me. "Soli, those guys are scaring me" I whispered to him. "Don't worry. I'll keep you safe"
"From the guys or from my accidents" I joked. He laughed and got on his skateboard. "Lez uz goh" he said goofily. I laughed and got on my board. Before he could tell me the basic rules of skateboarding I was sliding down the ramp going "WEEEEE"
I saw Solomon go past me and I crossed my arms "hey! You can't go faster than me! That's like, a personal a-heheh oops" I then ran face first into a pole. "Ow. That's a pole!"
He laughed and fell off his skateboard. Still laughing, I helped him up. But he pulled me down with him. I fell beside him and sighed. "I wish it could be like this forever"
"Maybe it can.."
"Soli what are you planning?" I asked.
"Alaina, will you be my girlfriend?"
"YES!" I exclaimed and kissed him. I felt him smile and I pulled away. "I guess I'm just as much of a Love Addict as you are" I said. He grinned and kissed me again.
It's better than drugs. In fact it's sent from above.
Hold up wait a minute put a little love in it!