Chapter 3

Mark Reynolds was his name.Whenever he came to class,it transformed to a cemetary because he rarely called students to answer questions.Kiley said in her mind,"what kind of teacher teaches without students collaborating?"
Kiley complained to her mom severally about this teacher but she kept on telling her that,"Everyone has a style of teaching,Never question anyone for what is theirs to stay".
Mark Reynolds walked majestic in a happy mood to the front desk.He announced loudly "Today we are gonna know about a great man,he was very powerful,well known and a good father to his family.I'm sure Kiley knows him very well,cos they are related.Well then Kiley,tell us about this man".
Kiley stared at the History teacher and said silently to herself "I don't know,what am I gonna do?"
She stood up from her desk and said
:Sir Mark, I don't really get what you're saying,I'm related to who?

Mark Reynolds:You mean you don't know?

Kiley:Yh,honestly

Mark Reynolds:Your grandfather,"The Cheetah" to be precise

Kiley:Cheetah? I never knew of this name till today,my grandma never told me.

Mark Reynolds:Well,that's a good point to take note.From research, your grandfather fought a particular battle by changing his past to a better one.I'm certain,you know your grandfather's past.

Kiley:Yes,he was a thief and did a lot of evil things,he later on came back to his senses and he became a legend soon later.The rest is History.

Mark Reynolds: Indeed,there's a book written by your grandfather which I believe your grand mom has it.That book was known to be read by his family only.

Kiley thought"what if it's the book I read midnight"She raised her head to the ceiling and blinked her eyed slowly.She closed her eyes and recalled her grand mom of saying never reveal this great family's identity.She opened her eyes and said "I'm sorry Sir, I cannot talk about my family ,I guess you can teach the class what you know."

Mark Reynolds: Why? Kiley you are a great royalty to your grandfather,I know you got a lot of things.

Kiley: Sir,I'm afraid,as a grandchild of him,I can't tell.

Mark Reynolds:OK then I'll love you all to research more about him.Tomorrow God willing I'll give you adequate notes for our upcoming test.

Chika,a girl on the 3rd row raised her hand.Chika asked
:Pls what's the name of her so called powerful grandfather.

Mark Reynolds: He's John Underwood Jacobs.But you can simply type "Cheetah" .Hope its clear?

Chika:Sure Sir.Can I ask Kiley a question publicly?

Mark Reynolds:Hope the question is reasonable?

Chika:Yes

Mark Reynolds:Go ahead

Chika:Kiley,why did your grandfather make his past a better one and become a legend in this nation?Couldn't he just quit and kill himself?
Or continue his spoilt life like yours.

Kiley stood up in anger and said "Chika,stop what you're doing,by the way I'm not spoilt even if I was,I'm not now."
Chika: Well then ,answer my question

Kiley:Thats a question for my grandfather.How can I know?He died before my existence.

Chika:I know,but I guess you know more of this man than any of us here.So why don't you reveal his identity.The world needs him to share his story.

Kiley:I can't.My family is great and we have traditions we can't break.Pls Sir.Mark can we please forth go?

Chika:O really.