PROLOGUE

~ Keegan.

It was almost midnight and Keegan was still sitting on her couch staring blankly at the invitation on her computer screen for the last fifteen minutes or so, still debating on whether or not to accept it.

It'd been a week ever since she received an invitation to the alumni celebrations at her hometown...a place she thought she'd never be going back to. She had been constantly denying all invitations for the last years and now, something about this year's celebrations was just pleading her name.

She got up from her couch and got herself a glass of red wine. She moved at the window, watching the rain pour heavily on the face of her windows as she took little sips from her wine glass. She remained standing there and her thoughts returned her home to the past...all the people...the neighborhood...her friends...her parents...her old school...Theo.

She sighed.

Theo was the last person she wanted in her thoughts right now. He was partly the reason why she left anyways...not that it was his fault though, she just had to go...for him. He ended up leaving too anyways, so they were practically still going to part ways.

She walked back to her computer, this time with her glass of wine. She picked up her MacBook and walked with it to the kitchen island where she placed it. She groaned and gulped down the rest of her wine...all of it. She looked back at the screen.

"What the hell..." She muttered to herself before clicking accept, hoping not to regret her decision. She quickly shut her computer close, trying not to look or think about what she had just done.

"I do miss Mom and Dad." She consoled her decision, trying not to think of the real motives behind her acceptance to that party. Exactly why she had been having thoughts of attending it because the one hosting it this year was him...Theodore Graham.

~ Theo

Theo was sitting in his study, staring blankly at the necklace he was holding. He was working late that day but was a bit distracted all the way through.

He had never gone home ever since he had come to Australia. It was funny because who would've thought the person who ghosted everyone out of his life would be hosting the alumni party this very year.

A month before all this madness, he bumped into a website...an organization. Who would've thought after all these years of looking for her, he'd just find all her details on the web? Maybe, she wasn't trying to hide. Maybe, she also wasn't making it easy for him to look for her. He was one of the people that she forcefully cut off her life for reasons only the two of them knew. Well, not only the two of them...her parents and his aunt.

This time, luck just fell on his side and the person he had been trying to look for, for years, just showed up on his screen...just like that.

He couldn't just approach her on the net and tell her it was him. He couldn't just pop up in her email and explain how badly he misses her. He just needed a fine excuse to come close to her, and that perfect excuse just showed up at the right time.

An alumni event that someone was hosting in their old high school. All he did was just ask the guy if he could host it this year, and being filthy rich, he just introduced some cash on the request...not like it was going to be a loss for the real host anyway.

He wasn't sure about it at first...or even now. It had been a whole damn week ever since he posted an invitation to her.

Maybe he shouldn't have written his name...he thought.

He looked at the time and it was almost midnight. The deadline. He gave up and decided to go to bed.

What the hell...of course, she didn't want anything to do with him. He thought again, and this made him even angrier.

She could've stayed at least, until he woke up from that hospital bed...not that it was her own choice to leave but her parents were set on taking her away from the problem that the two teenagers just got themselves into...that he got them into. It's what any parent would've done, right?

He went to bed hurt and rather disappointed, not knowing the next day was his luckiest.