Blur

"CONTAINMENT BREACH! CONTAINMENT BREACH!"

Mark's eyes slammed open.

"BLAST DOORS SHUT IN. 30. MINUTES."

"SHIT!"

He leapt out of his bed, swung open his chest, and began grabbing his uniform. It was then that he noticed that the alarms were going off in his sector. He was dead. He slammed his helmet on, grabbed his rifle, and sped out of his tiny bedroom.

Blood. That's the first thing he saw. It covered the walls, stained the floor. Mark resisted the urge to throw up, and ran down the hallway. The alarms were still going off. He could hear shouting in the room ahead of him. He slowly approached the metal door. Roaring and gun discharges were now audible, mostly the roaring. Mark hesitated before swiping his keycard through the scanner.

Fwisshhh.

"SOLDIER! GET OVER HERE!"

Three men in black armor were crouched behind a storage crate. Two were firing at something down the hall. The other was looking at him.

"uh, ok..."

Mark quickly jumped behind the crate and looked what they were shooting at.

Looking back on it, He could only describe what he saw as "unearthly". The damn thing was four feet long, tops, with spikes all down its back. The thing's skin was completely black, and its head was elongated, and the mouth was a gaping black hole filled with teeth. The thing was slowly crawling towards them. Its front legs were badly mutilated, and it was moving at a slow pace. It's skin was riddled with bullet holes. Mark immediately emptied his first clip, hitting the creature head-on. It screamed and started running. All of them exited the room, and ran for the other end. They opened the door.

FWOOOM.

A wall of water exploded through the door, sweeping them up and backwards. The monster, who had made it through the door, opened its mouth and waited for them to enter it.

The last thing mark heard was the sound of the three others screaming, the woosh of water, and the sickening crunch of bone.

END

END OF COLLECTION