In Another Life (Billy x Reader, Eddie x Reader) Angst

(Y/N) sat on the bleachers facing the Hawkin's High track field, hugging her knees. Being alone with her thoughts was never ideal, but it felt safer for her. She wouldn't do something stupid.

As a distraction, she entertained herself with making shapes out of her fire. She and Kali used to play like that in the lab, (Y/N) would make shapes and Kali would guess what it was. Currently, it was a ballerina twirling in the air in front of her.

She vanished the fire as she heard footsteps approaching and for a full second was worried that her powers were discovered, She felt like yelling at herself for being go reckless but relaxed slightly when she realized that it was just Eddie.

Then she tensed up against when she remembered that she was avoiding him, and why she was avoiding him.

"Hey." He greeted her, smiling. He had such a sweet smile, it sometimes made her want to cry.

"Hi." She said, trying not to look at him. "What..... what are you doing here?"

Eddie jumped up on the bleachers, swaying slightly as he stepped over to her. Even him sitting down was done dramatically, like a performance. "Looking for you, of course."

"Of course." She echoed his words, knowing exactly why he wanted to speak to her. The two of them had hung out a few times since the situation with Vena, and she had really enjoyed his company. So when he invited her to get high, she had said yes. Then.. when they were high and laughing, she had asked to kiss him, and he had said yes.

It was stupid of her.

And, she was sure that Eddie was beginning to pick up on that. "You want me to go?" He asked, always so in tune with her every facial expression.

"I just... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have...

"What? Shouldn't have kissed me?" He asked. "Or shouldn't have run away?"

"Both." He sighed, and she hated herself for hurting his feelings.

"Listen.." He paused. "I like you. But if you aren't into me, just say it."

He was so kind, (Y/N) thought, and she really wanted to tell him that she liked him back. "I do, it's just.... can't stop thinking about him."

"Hargrove?"

She nodded, thinking back to the previous year when Billy and her were together. He had been everything to her, and she had been in awe of him. She still was. And no matter how much wanted to move, she just couldn't.

"I like you; I do. But... I miss him, so much. And I don't want to be with you when I still love him. You're too good for that."

He nodded, rocking his whole body along with his head. "Thanks, I guess? I guess I'm just sorry that I never really spoke to you until after you met him." He stood up, offering her his hand to help her up. It

was getting dark.

"Yeah, me too.... maybe we would've have happened in another life."