Chapter 3

8:57 A.M.

I groan as I shift uncomfortably on the rusted metal bench under me. I squeeze my eyes shut as I stretch my body before sitting up. I yawn as I squinted at the bright light that is the sun. I rub my face as I stand from the rough surface.

A sigh escapes me as I dust myself off and look around making sure no one was aroumd. After the quick look around, I feel around my pocket for my wallet. I smiled in relief as I found it. At first I thought I left it at the apartment.

"What should I do today?"
I ask myself aloud as I make my way to exit the park. I shrug, I'll figure it out later.

The roads were busy, as usual. I hum the song 'Saint Bernard' as I walk along the crowded sidewalk. Poking and shoving all who got too close with my elbows.

I wonder where I should go...

I could just go hang around Kass. But I don't like her, so no.

I'm kinda hungry... Where can I get food at?

I think theres a cafe some where around here that offers bagels? Oooo, bagels and coffee sound good.

I smile hungrily as I start to shimmy my way through the crowd to the crosswalk. I couldn't stop myself from drooling as I daydreamed about the delicacy that waits for me at the cafe.

Nothing is going to stop me from getting my treats!

-------------------------------------------------------

"That'll be $16.37."

What..?

"When the hell did things become so expensive?!?!" I yell at the cashier infront of me.

Who the hell was she to deny me of my bagel and coffee?!

"I don't know, sir. The price is $16.37."

Oh my god- I think I'm gonna pass out..! Wait... I can't pass out right now! I won't be able to eat my bagel!!!

I shake my head as I clear my mind for the sacrifice I'm about to make.

"I'll pay for you!"

...

...huh?

Who is that?

I turn my head to the voice of the heavens, seeing a pink skinned alien lady next to me. The cashier also looks at the goddess infront of us.

"Are you an angel?"

"Huh? No? I'm Mina Ashido! Cheesed to meet you!" The black eyed women held her out her hand toward me, smiling cheerfully.

"You are my savior."
I say as I shake her hand.

"Ahem- So, who's gonna pay?"

"Oh sorry, I am!"

Mina paid the cashier as I surveyed the cafe. It wasn't particularly busy, only a few couples. I turned back to Mina as she was putting away her wallet. She signaled me to follow her to the waiting area.

After we got to our destination, she turned to me and smiled.

"Thank you for paying for me, Mina."
I bowed in appreciation, as she waved her hands infront of her. "Don't thank me! It was my pleasure, honestly."

I chuckled softly before standing straight again. "Hey, I uh- I didn't get your name."

"Oh, my name is--"

"Order 149! 2 Whole Wheat Bagel and 1 Plain Black Coffee!"

I glanced over to see a server holding a bag and a cup. "Ah, sorry, this is mine." I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment of getting interrupted.

"No worries! Come find me when you get it, I'm sitting with my friends. I think you'll be able to spot us."
She laughed before walking away. I smiled at her before turning and getting my order.

I drooled as I enjoyed the enchanting aroma coming from the paper bag and cup in my hand. I almost forgot about my new found friend. In fact, if it wasn't for frantic shouting, I probably would have walked straight out the door and wouldn't have had a second thought about it.

I turned my head to see the Mina frantically waving her arms in the air. I scoffed at her before turning around and walking towards her table. As I approave the table, I notice two other people sitting at it. I shake it off as I walk up to the table and I get an immediate greeting from the pink skinned lady.

"Hey, I thought you were about to walk out on us!" She laughed as I roll my eyes at her comment.

"Sorry about that."

"Ah, don't worry 'bout it! Anyway, meet my friends, Denki-" the boy with yellow hair smiled and waved "- and Sero!"

"Hey, my names Hano Takeo." I give a small nod as my hands were full. I give a small glance to the other boy, he looked familiar. I can't pin who he is exactly, but I've definitely seen him before.