Chapter 8: Ezekiel?

Shadow's POV

As the next morning rolls around I groggily open my eyes as the sun hits my face.

As I wake up I hear footsteps coming from nearby I nudge y/n awake as I try to get up to inspect the noise.

After lightly nudging her a few times she finally wakes up and asks "hey my love what's wrong?"

"I hear something" I reply as she grabs a stick that she found nearby, Y/n and I slowly approach the person as the figure gets clearer until she realizes that it was Ezekiel her ex boyfriend.

"Ezekiel?, Is that you?", Y/n asks.

"Y/n?" Ezekiel asked.

"Wait who is Ezekiel" I ask.

"Uhhh.... He's.... My..."

"He's what?" I ask.

"He's... My e-e-ex" she finally blurts out.

"HE'S WHAT????" I ask angrily "why didn't you tell me?" I ask while tears well up in my eyes, at this point I didn't know what to feel anymore I was hurt didn't she trust me enough to tell me about her past relationship?.

He then tries to kiss y/n but she pushes him away.

"Shadow, this isn't what it looks like" she says, tears welling up in her eyes luckily I took little Catherine to a nearby spot and gave her something to keep her entertained.

"excuse me I think I need some time alone" I say while I try to fight the tears trying to come out.

I felt betrayed I wanted to turn back and let her explain what just happened but my emotions are getting the better of me so I walk off far enough to let my tears fall.

How could she?

Y/n's POV

"Wait" I say as Shadow walks off, hurt I wanted to apologize for not telling her.

Then Ezekiel says "who's that your new girlfriend?" He asks I brush aside him and chase Shadow but before I did I say "WHY COME BACK AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, ARE YOU JUST HERE TO RUIN MY LIFE?? TELL ME THE TRUTH." I yell as I chase Shadow.

He get angry and catches up to me, grabbing my wrist and says "WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR RELATIONSHIP, YOU PROMISED THAT YOU WOULD COME BACK TO ME AFTER YOU LEFT MYSTACOR, DID YOU FORGET OUR PROMISE????"

"WHEN I LEFT I WANTED TO COME BACK TO YOU, I TRIED COMMUNICATING WITH YOU BUT YOU NEVER ANSWER, I WANTED TO GET BACK TO YOU, AFTER YEARS OF TRYING I EVENTUALLY GAVE UP AND FORGOT ABOUT YOU, ARE YOU HAPPY? NOW LEAVE ME." I yell back as I jerk out of his grasp.

"SHADOW" I yell but no answer I started to cry thinking that she left me.

she hates me I can't make up to her.

As I start to sprint toward her direction I feel hot tears streaming down my cheek "OH YEAH THE THING ABOUT US FORGET IT ITS IN THE PAST" I yell as I chase after my future girlfriend.

"LEAVE ME PLEASE I NEED SOME TIME ALONE" she yells but I ignore her and continue to chase her after a few minutes I manage to grab her wrist.

"Please let me explain" I plead in a soft voice while tears stream down my cheeks.

She stops and says "fine I will listen to you but don't expect me to forgive you easily" you felt relieved but still hurt you take a deep sigh.

"Ezekiel and I used to date back at my time in Mystacor I was a student back then and we used to be classmates, we dated for a few years until I graduated and I have to move because my time of being a student came to an end.

After a few weeks I wondered if I would be able to contact him via bracelets so I tried but nothing. This went on for years until I had enough and decided to forget about him and move on. I don't know what happened after years of trying to contact him but I think that I slowly lost feelings for him" I explained as I take a deep breath and wiped my tears.

Shadow didn't say anything but I could tell that she was glad that I explained what happened and my past with Ezekiel when we decided to go back.

We heard Catherine crying Shadow rushes to her and picks her up comforting her, Ezekiel left and was nowhere to be found I let out a relieved sigh and say "Shadow I'm sorry for not telling you earlier but I want to tell you something that I have been wondering about."

"What is it?" She asks, 'omg this is probably the wrong time but I don't care I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend' 'but what if she rejects me' "I uh do...you..uh"

"what?" She asks in an irritated tone "do you want to...be..my...uh..girlfriend?" I blurt out.

She turned to me to look me in the eye with confusion "what?"

"I'm serious do you want to be my girlfriend?"I ask again she didn't respond instead she pulls me close and kisses me with passion as a response she pulls away and says "of course I would be glad to be your girlfriend" she smiles at me and I burst into tears.

She cups my cheeks and wipes my tears away.

We held each other for a while after a few minutes we got up and started walking into our spot.

We didn't notice that it was nightime already so I sat down and yawned Shadow did the same "good night my love" I say as I slowly fall asleep on her lap.

"Good night babe" she says as she leans to kiss my forehead lovingly she closes her eyes slowly as she falls asleep under the beautiful night sky I did the same "I love you Shadow my girlfriend no matter what happens I will stick by your side" I thought.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while
Also what do you think.