Chapter Three

(This is just another flashback...)

End of the Graduation Ceremony

After throwing the graduation hat, everyone proceeded to their respective families except Dara and CL. They had an agreement to meet when the ceremony is over. In their university they have this 'hidden place' where they always share things together as 'best friends'. The place is located at the back part of the university where less people enter because it is near the haunted building that used to be part of their school but now, not anymore. It's an open field overlooking the entire Seoul, South Korea. It is the place where CL would draw her masterpieces while Dara sings songs for her. In Dara's case, she'd ask CL all the time if her songs are good and not and as usual, CL would tease her that they are not which is totally opposite of the real answer. Dara could compose music perfectly. She's really very inspired to write songs but little did Chaerin know it's all for her. It's all about her.

"Ssantoki!" CL called as she approached Dara.

"Hey!" Dara did not look. While waiting for CL she was still thinking of that kiss on the forehead that Chae did before they went to their respective seats.

"Best friend, I am going to miss you." Chae hugged her from behind.

"Yeah, best friend I am going to miss you too." Dara replied.

Two to three minutes of silence... They were just in that position. They just knew then their minds were connected in silence.

"About the..."

"...the kiss?'

"Yes."

"That's all I can do Dara, right? That's all I am allowed to do." Chae had sad tone in her voice and it was very low but still Dara could hear her.

Longer silence filled the air. The cold wind blowing added flavor to what they call silent emotions. Running in their hearts are messages conveyed by gestures that no one else could understand except them. Thoughts running endlessly brought more spaces though they were just skin deep apart.

"Your parents must be looking for you now Chae."

"Do you want me to go now?"

"No."

"Then can we stay here longer? I do not mind going home late. I do not care about the party or whatever they prepared for me. I do not mind getting late for tomorrow. I want to stay with you here until the last hour. Can we?" Chae requested.

"Sure best friend."

The last words brought pain in their hearts and they just endured it. The amount of times they have called each other 'best friend' is uncountable already but this time it's so different. After that forehead kiss, quick but so meaningful... everything has changed. What they feel toward each other that was remained hidden for long years was bound to ignite because of that forehead kiss.

Dara broke the silence...

"Chae what is exactly your plan?" Dara asked.

"Before, all I wanted was to get a good degree and make my parents proud of me. I never thought you'd cross my life and now you're a part of it. What's my plan? If I share with you everything, will you say YES to all of my plans Sandara?" Chae's voice is so serious and she's just staring at her.

"What... is.... it exactly?" Dara's confused, happy, sad.... Mixed emotions inside her make her voice shiver too.

"For now, I will finish what I have planned long time ago. I will make a name for myself. 2 years after college, that's what I told myself before. Two years after college, after finding my luck in France I will return here and... " Chae stopped talking for awhile. She grabbed Dara's hands and stared at her eyes once more.