CHAPTER 02: Fuck School

20th March, 2016          Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

Lynn kept staring at the clock on the wall on top of the blackboard, nothing that the teacher was talking about seemed to be registering in her mind.

What is the fucking point of going to school everyday! Bullshit right?
She was seated at the front of the class but seriously, she was not different from the back benchers who had either fallen asleep or were whispering to each other at the back of the class. She was seated at the front because the seats at the back were full of weirdos but if it was safer, she would have preferred to sit at the back and sleep through the whole period.

"Lynn come up and clean the blackboard, you shouldn't really zone off in the class while you are right in front of me." her teacher Miss Tesha startled her out of her day dreaming session.

She almost fell out of her seat when she hear Miss Tesha mentioning her name "Sorry madame..."
"Shut up and do what I asked you to do!" Miss Tesha told Lynn while showing that her patience was wearing off.
The rest of the class dragged on while Lynn suffered a severe case of boredom.

She had picked up her bag and rushed out of the class soon after the bell signaled the end of that day's classes.

Now let us set some things straight here, Lynn wasn't a dumb kid... her grades were actually the best in her class but she wasn't also fit to be categorised as a nerd because of her sense of fashion. The first thought anybody would have upon meeting Lynn would be "That is one badass girl" because of all the modifications that she had done on her school uniform to make it appear as Gothic as possible.

She had few friends at school and she liked keeping it that way because it helped her to be mysterious and that kept her out of trouble.
Her best friend Sarah, was as crazy as the word crazy could possibly be defined. Nobody dared to mess with the duo because one hiccup with them would lead anybody who dared to brush shoulders with them straight to the nurse's office.

Lynn was single for more than six months now. A lot of guys at her school had made it a challenge to get either Lynn or Sarah to be their girlfriends... lets just say that the challenge mostly ended in a disaster with a broken nose and a few fatal injuries.

That was the case with her ex boyfriend, John. He cheated on her with Laura who was the school's most famous bitch. Lynn liked to refer to John as an "inspirational imbecile" because now that she looked at their relationship, there was nothing that she could be proud of from there. It was so alarming that she had once declared that she'd rather die than get back together with John. She hates him... no scratch that, she loathes him.

She hadn't even made it to the school's gate when Sarah bumped into her and almost made her fall. "Sarah slow down, you almost broke my leg you boneless reptile!"
"Stop being so dramatic Lynn, what are you up to?" Sarah asked her friend with energy like she was high on sugar.
"Nothing... just going home", Lynn replied to her friend. A huge smile appeared on Sarah's face that made warning bells to start chiming in Lynn's head. Lynn decided to cut off her friend before she came up with an idea that would land them both into trouble, " No... what ever you're thinking of in your head you better hold it in because it too late and i'm..."
"Blah,blah,blah... yedda yedda yadda! You can't make me quit doing pranks Lynn and you know it so just shut up and follow me..."
And just like that, Lynn had no choice in the matter rather than stay quiet as she was dragged away by Sarah.