Chapter 12: Plan and Escape (1)

Only the lights shining through the French windows illuminated the room slightly. The evening breeze would occasionally sway the curtains, making the entire room feel peaceful. It was a quiet night, with only the occasional chirping of birds or insects outside. One would feel lonely if they weren't used to this kind of environment.

The House of Katz's mansion was located in the noble district. It was a historic neighborhood, much like the imperial palace. The residents were apparently the oldest noble households, such as the Duke's. It was a prime location desired by most nobles of a certain status, as well as a status symbol.

Ordinary people would never have the opportunity to live or visit there. Entry is forbidden without invitations or authority comparable to the palace's security. The neighborhood had no official name, so people just started calling it the Noble's District, which became its unofficial name.

While many referred to it as a neighborhood, the mansions were far apart, and privacy among the nobles was guaranteed. There weren't many nobles there, especially the new nobles who had only emerged in the last hundred years. The place was in extreme contrast to the city. It was nearly impossible to encounter anyone loitering around the place because it wasn't crowded, most likely due to etiquette. The nobles prioritized and were overly concerned with their reputation.

Arren had grown accustomed to the dull atmosphere. He never liked it, but that doesn't mean he despises it. It was just so-so. He did enjoy partying, though, with the loud music, wild dancing, and alcohol... he loved it so much. He occasionally craved a lively and noisy environment. In that kind of environment, he feels so alive.

The monotonous and boring noble life reminds Arren of his previous life when all he could do was lie down at home and do anything that did not exhaust him. He was always alone because both of his parents needed to work in order to afford his medications and treatments, as well as any surgeries or hospitalizations.

Partying allows him to immerse himself and realize that this world was not a dream. He was reborn without heart disease and with a healthy body. He also didn't have to spend the entire day at home reading novels or watching movies. He could now drink alcohol without taking any medications. He was alive and well, and he was free.

That was also why he disliked attending official banquets or interacting with people of his status; their parties were boring and pretentious. They were hypocrites who smiled despite their rage inside. Their reputation and status were more important than anything else, and they were a bunch of liars and idiots.

If Arren had to choose who he would be friends with again, he would choose opportunistic and social climbers without hesitation. It did not imply that he tolerated them, but rather that they were more genuine than those with status.

They didn't need to hide their intentions, and Arren could read them just fine. Arren was aware that they had ulterior motives and knew what actions he should take. It was different when dealing with noble youths; they always tried hard to conceal their intentions and motives. You wouldn't know if they were genuine or just trying to take advantage of you because your statuses were the same in the first place.

They weren't like those social climbers who had a clear goal in mind, which was to climb the ladder using his connections, but with nobles of higher status, they might be plotting something more complicated in the dark.

It wasn't about Arren thinking too much, as he was aware of what kind of novel this is. The plot revolved primarily around conspiracies and schemes. He wouldn't be blinded by the status he was born with, for him, it was just used to make his actions more convenient.

In that dark room, Arren was lying in his stomach and looking like a dried fish as his limbs lifelessly sprawled around. Arren was currently depressed as a result of what had happened earlier.