Chapter 1: Y/N's Introduction

Being homeschooled isn't as bad as people make it out to be. You get one on ones with your "teachers", flexibility in schedules, really good "school lunch", bonding time with parents, breaks on sick days... or weeks, ya know, all that good stuff.

The thing is, I'm also an only child. I didn't mind it all up until a couple of months ago.

----------

My parents and I were at a birthday party for my cousin, Krisy. She was showing me one of her posts on Nsta Gran and I just so happened to see the thousands of followers, likes, and comments.

"Holy smokes, Kris, how in the world did you get so many people to follow you? Are you secretly a celebrity?" I asked. "First, honey you can curse if you want, it's not a big deal. Second, call me Krisy please, not 'Chris'. Third, these are all just people from school. Not much to it," Krisy replied. "Shoot, the only people I have on there are family and a couple of online peeps," I said.

'Peeps'? Really Y/N? Man, my online friends' lingo really stick to me. I hate that habit.

"You poor, poor soul. I would run away if my parents ever homeschooled me. Not that they could teach me anything," Krisy said. "Hey now, it's not too bad, my parents are actually tolerable... for the most part. Plus, it's not like I'm lacking in the companionship department," I said. "You say that until you have any sort of party for yourself. I see the way you look down when we were taking group photos after everyone sang the birthday song. Whenever one of my friends and I were taking pictures you got all uncomfortable," Krisy said.

I'm always amazed by how much she notices. Yeah she's much more on the feminine side than me, but she's very good at analyzing her surroundings, especially body language. I always seem to underestimate her. Still, I don't want her to notice that her words are true. My body might give me away, but it's worth a shot.

"Actually, I was thinking of asking my parents to let me go to school, like with other people, for high school," I told her. "Really? Wow I'm proud of you. It feels like just yesterday you were struggling to order your own food. You're all grown up now! Goodluck, with school though, it can be quite difficult at times. And be careful who you hang out with, not everyone is your friend. What school are you thinking of going to?" Krisy asked. "Karasuno High School", I replied.

----------

The talk with my parents was surprisingly quite smooth. I thought they would be against me going to school, but it turns out they were just, 'waiting for me to get comfortable with the idea of going to school'. All I had to do was ask, apparently.

So here I am, face to face with Karasuno High School. Shoot was that the bell? Gah! I don't even know where my first class is! I was too busy doing the power pose before I walked in to build up my confidence. Is there a map somewhere? It's fine, I'll just ask someone kind looking

.....

I can't do this. I'll just go to the office and ask for help.

.....

I can't do this. I'll just speed walk around and hope I find my class before it gets too late.

I look down at the schedule in my hands and see "Class 1-4" at the top. I look around and notice that the only side of school that has people still running to their class are to the right. I hope those are the forgetful people I'm grouped up with, I don't want to be the only one in my class that is late on their first day.

I go towards the direction of the rushing students when I notice a frantically running student running at me a fraction of a second too late. As I feel blood rush to my nose and scrapes on my bottom, I see a standing freckled boy become even more frantic.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there! Here, let me help you up. Are you okay? Do you need help? Do you need to go to the nurse's office?" He says in what feels like one second, I can barely understand.

"No no, I'm okay. Actually, I do need help. Do you happen to know where class 1-A is?" I ask.

"Oh! That's actually where I'm heading. Come, we can go togethe,r" He says.

"Perfect, thank you!" I say. I'm so relieved I don't have to walk into class alone.

The boy next to me starts walking in the opposite direction I was going. How embarrassing, I might have ended up walking into a class that wasn't mine and on the opposite side of where my actual class was. I owe this guy more than he realizes.

"My name is Yamaguchi Tadashi, what's your name?" He asks, picking up his speed a bit.

"L/N F/N" I reply with a smile, picking up my pace with him.

We both focus on walking quickly to class after that. We walk a small distance before I notice that the little odd sounds I'm hearing are coming from beside me.

"He's going to kill me", I hear the boy whisper under his breath.

"Wait what? Who's going to kill you?" I ask with concern in my voice.

"Oh nothing for you to be concerned about. It's just that my friend is quite an angry fellow. We were supposed to meet up this morning and get to class together, but I slept through a couple of alarms", he chuckles nervously, giving a small close eyed smile with a hand behind his neck.

"Aw I'm sure your friend will forgive you. What's your friend's name by the way?" I ask.

"Kei Tsukishima," he says.