Chapter 2

Quinn couldn't believe her eyes , as she stared at the huge bungalow in front of her. Her eyes were wide and mouth open in shock. Nathan turns to her.

"There is a lake as well , if we go a bit ahead. We can go there today!"

"Not today Nathan. You both will go freshen up , and get ready for a dinner party. We all can go there tomorrow."

"Will the Smiths be attending the party?"

"They will be. In fact , they are already here."

"Who are they?", Quinn asks.

"The Smiths are our family friend , hey have two kids Nick who is the same age as me and Allison , she is a year younger to us. Nick is my best friend since we were kids.  Now let's go in!"

Quinn nods , they go inside. Quinn looks around the hall in amazement. Her eyes still wide , when she was bought out of her trance by a guy's voice.

"Nate. Finally!"

Quinn turns to the direction from where she thought the voice was coming , and saw a guy about Nathan's age and height running to their direction. The two guys greet each other and started speaking , completely forgetting about Quinn , who was still standing beside Nate , looking around in amazement.

"Hi!", a girl standing right behind Quinn said , making Quinn jump in shock. The girl laughs seeing Quinn's reaction who by now had turned to look at the girl.

"You're Quinn right? Nate talks a lot about you , whenever we all meet."

Quinn nods shyly.

"I am Allison and that's Nick short for Nicholas." , she said while pointing at the guy , who by now had stopped talking and was looking at the two girls. "Don't call him that though. He hates that name."

"Hi.", Nick said.

"Hi."

"Quinn's a bit shy. You know those types of people , who are very shy , but then you get to know them and you realize they are crazy." , Nathan said sensing the awkwardness building up.

"I am not crazy."

"Oh please!"

"Come on ,enough arguing , I'll show you your room Quinn." , Allison said breaking their conversation. Allison held Quinn's hand and took her up stairs. There were 4 rooms there.

"You're rooming with me."

Allison opens the door to their room , there were two beds , both having a window beside it and a night stand. Quinn went to the bed that did not have Allison's bag. She looks out and saw her window faced the road , while Allison's window faced the woods and lake. She sighs , and turns to look outside and saw a man , looking at her window from afar. She strains her eyes to see who he was. At that time , a woman enters the room , she looks at Quinn , who was oblivious to her presence. Allison who saw her , walks to the woman.

"Mom , meet Quinn , Nathan's friend."

Quinn turns hearing Allison take her name. She saw the lady and smiled at her.

"Hello Mrs Smith."

"Call me Stella sweetie."

Quinn nods and turns again , but to her surprise , the man or what she thought was a man was gone. Her thoughts were broken when Stella spoke , "You two girls get ready in 2 hours , okay?"

"Okay , mom." , Allison replies looking at Quinn , who looked nervous. Stella hearing her reply nods and went out , while Allison went and sat beside Quinn.