Chapter 3

8 years have passed since Nathan and Quinn first met and became friends. In these years , they have grown to become extremely close friends. The trip was the first and the last time Quinn met the Smiths and Andersons , cause after the incident , Nathan's dad decided that it was better if Quinn was taken back to the orphanage. Quinn thinking that, Chris thought that , she was a mood spoiler , rejected Nathan's offers of going and meeting his family or friends.

Nathan had turned 18 , which meant that it was time for him to leave the orphanage and go back to his family. He had taken admission in a community college , and was going to stay alone , in a flat that his dad bought.

Nathan enters Quinn's room and saw that she was not there , he looked at the girl who shared the room with Quinn.

"Where did she go?"

"I don't know , she is not in the room since yesterday night."

Nathan ran to Jenna's room to inform her about Quinn not being there , when he saw Quinn sleeping on Jenna's bed. He looked at Jenna , who was doing her work.

"Aunt Jenna?"

Jenna turns and saw him.

"I found her in the garden , this morning. She said she couldn't sleep , so I bought her here."

"Can't I take her with me? I mean , I am 18 now and I swear I'll look after her. Plus mom and dad are going to visit almost every week."

"You know , that is not possible Nate. Quinn is here for a reason , and—-"

"Quinn is safe with me. She has to come out of this orphanage Aunt. You know how mean the others can get."

"I have no say in this , plus I am not going anywhere. She is safe."

"I am talking to her dad , then."

Nathan took his bag and was leaving when.

"At least say good bye to her Nathan."

"No. There is no need to say good bye when she is coming with me."

"You don't get it Nathan."

"I don't want to."

Nathan went outside and saw the car waiting for him. He opens the door and got inside. His parents were in the car , but Nathan was not looking at them.

"Nathan.." , his mom (Eve) spoke. "Quinn can not leave the orphanage before she is 18."

"That's bullshit!"

"You saw what happened at the lake house." , Chris said.

"She was 10!"

"No one is stopping you from meeting her Nate."

"Dad , she deserves a life outside that orphanage."

"She is happy there."

"No."

"She is safe there." , Eve said.

"She is safe with us as well."

Chris stops the car and turns to look at Nathan.

"Nathan , if they even get the slightest bit idea of who she is, they will kill her!"

"Then no one has to know. I'll explain her everything and—-"

"You are doing no such thing." , Chris said sternly.

"Chris , calm down." , Eve said.

"We'll talk about this later."

The car ride was silent , filled with tension. Nathan was trying to call Quinn , but gave up thinking she was still asleep.

—-

On the other side , Quinn who was now wide awake , was looking around trying to find Nathan.

"Quinn—-" , Jenna called out.

Quinn stops on her tracks , she turns to look at Jenna.

"He was getting late , he had to leave."

"You're lying."

"He said , he will come back to meet you. There was a party at their house and they had to reach on time. He did not want to wake you up , knowing you did not sleep at all."

"Oh." , Quinn said without any emotion. "Okay."

Quinn was going to her room , when she stops and turns to look at Jenna. She went to her.

"Mo-mom..." , Quinn said.

Quinn had started calling Jenna mom , when she returned from the lake house. Jenna had always treated her like her daughter , and Quinn considered Jenna her mom , when she finally came to terms that she is never going to meet her parents.

"Yes sweetie?"

Quinn gave Jenna her phone.

"Keep my phone for today , please?"

"Sure."

—-

Chris and Eve were sitting in the hall , planning about the last minute details of Nathan's party , when Nathan came out.

"Let's talk now." , Nathan said coldly

"There is nothing to talk about Nathan." , Chris replied.

"Yes there is. Why can't I tell Quinn everything? Give me one good reason Dad."

Chris sighs.

"Nate , remember how Quinn reacted when he attacked her?"

"Yes."

"It was because , Quinn used to or still gets nightmares of attacks like that. She told Jenna that whenever she is in school or anywhere outside she feels like that same person is looking at her. Quinn does not like staying alone , because she is scared. She did not tell you anything , because she thought that she is scared just cause of the nightmares. Imagine what her state will be when she gets to know that her nightmare is a reality."

"But dad , her fright never stopped her from roaming around. You know , they don't attack because they know I am there. Once they know that I left—-"

"She has the security she needs Nathan. No one is anyways stopping you from meeting her. As soon as she is 18 , we will do something to at least help her fight them. But you can NOT tell her anything before she passes college."

"So you mean to say , she will stay in the orphanage till she is 18 , and then she will live at least 4 years outside in danger , and without knowing anything she will defend herself?"

"You will be there with her after she leaves the orphanage. You know her the best among all of us. You just have to promise him you will not let anything happen to her."

"She is like my sister , dad. Of course I will not let anything happen to her. But I'll have to leave in 2 years."

"2 years is enough for Quinn to fit in the outside world. She'll be able to help herself for the next 1 or 2 years."

Knowing that they won't change the plan , Nathan had nothing to do but agree. After all , he knew that it was for her safety , and well he would do nothing that would put her in danger. 

Never ever.

——