Chapter Four

Warning: Embarrassing scene

__________________________

Timeskip a few days

"I'M BOOOREDD!" Bai He whined, slumping into the cushions as she gazed out the open window. Dáinn, cleaning the house as he carefully placed a vase in the corner of the room. It was evident that he'd transformed the house into a spotless sanctuary over the past few days. His cleaning enthusiasm bordered on obsessiveness.

Bai He's whining grew louder, but her mother's patience was wearing thin. "Sweetheart, please be quiet," she chided gently.

"But, Mom! It's so boring staying at home all day..." Bai He whined, her voice dripping with boredom.

Her mother sighed, pausing her typing to glance at her daughter. "How about you and Dáinn go out shopping or do whatever you want? Just be back before dinner."

"What?! Why with him?" Bai He exclaimed, her finger dramatically pointing at Dáinn, who was currently engaged in a meticulous cleaning spree. "I'm sorry, honey, I'm busy right now," her mother apologized, her gaze fixed on the computer screen. "And I can't let you go alone either." She softened her tone as she met her daughter's pouty expression.

"Aww, fine..." Bai He grumbled, dragging the confused butler as she dragged him out the door "Let's go, Dáinn!" As she left with an open door.

"Sigh... At least close the door!" She headed towards the front door. A muffled "Sorry!" drifted back to her as the door slammed shut.
_________________________

Bai wandered down the bustling street, her eyes wide with wonder at the towering buildings. Dáinn, by her side, adjusted his suit jacket, stealing glances at the passing crowd. "Bai He, where should we go today?" he asked, his voice carrying over the city's hum.

Receiving no answer, he turned to find her missing. Panic briefly flashed across his face as he scanned the crowd, only to find her engrossed in the tantalizing aroma emanating from a hot dog cart. Relief washed over him as he made his way towards her.

"Bai He, do not wander off like that. You scared me," Dáinn reprimanded gently, placing a hand on her shoulder. She turned to face him, a sheepish grin on her lips. "Sorry" she giggled.

The hot dog vendor handed Bai He her order with a cheerful "Enjoy!"

As they walked away, Dáinn tilted his head, examining the curious food item in her hands. When Bai He prepared to take a bite. Dáinn curiously asked "What is that? And why is it called a hot dog?" Tilting his head inquisitively.

His gaze met hers, and he was met with a look of pure shock and disbelief. "Is something wrong, Bai He?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

Without warning, Bai He grabbed Dáinn's cheeks, her eyes wide with astonishment. Startled, she dropped the hot dog, but Dáinn managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"Oh my gosh! You don't know what a hot dog is?!" Bai He exclaimed, her eyes wide with disbelief.

Dáinn shook his head innocently. "Is it something that I need to know? And you have a serious problem with dropping food," he observed, handing her back the hot dog.