Chapter One

A/N-> Its me again, turning a one shot idea into a small series. I really enjoyed this story and will leave an open tab for drabbles (that will most definitely be smut) into this small world with our Scarlet Witch. Hope you all like it!!

Warnings: (+18) mild angst with happy ending, mutual pining, friends to lovers, mentions of past abusive relationships, a lot of make-out and kissing, r and wanda are switches, some love confessions, reader being a little shit who teases Wanda for fun, a lot of hurt/comfort, general fluff, mentios of violence, some darkmagic and allusions to chemical dependence. |

--//--

No matter how many times you took a deep breath and tried the knot again, your fingers were still shaky and you kept failing.

With a frustrated sigh of resignation, your tie fell open against your chest and you stared at your reflection.

The vivid flashes of the battle popped into your head in the same second, and you sighed again, lowering your face for a moment.

Wanda knocked on the half-open door.

"Hey, are you ready?" her voice was weak and tired but gentle. No matter how tired she was, Wanda was always gentle with you. This was one of the things you loved most about her. "No, I'm fighting with my tie." You mumble annoyed like a child. Wanda smiles, however, moving away from the door to approach you.

You both know that she could charm the knot with a simple movement, and yet, neither of you steps aside.

"It's a nice suit." Wanda comments and you blink away from counting her freckles, shifting the weight of your feet and smiling at the way she gives a warning tug on your tie.

"It was Tony's." You confess in a whisper, and her touch hesitates, her eyes returning to yours in search of any discomfort. You swallow dryly and lower your head. "All my things were in the compound. I wanted to wear something special, and Tony was the only one who had a house..."

"I understand." Wanda interrupts you gently because she realizes that you are about to cry. She offers you a tender smile and pats the knot. "There you go. It suits you."

You give her a weak smile, nodding softly.

"Come on, Wands. It wouldn't be polite to be late for a wake." You joke, getting a small chuckle out of her that is enough to keep you going for the rest of the ceremony.

It's all so heartbreaking. Thanos took everything from you, even if the Avengers won this time. When the memorial was over, you saw Wanda talking with Clint from a distance, but you didn't join them. You were finishing the final arrangements with a certain Nordic god. Wanda came to meet you sometime later in the kitchen when the house was almost completely empty and Happy had taken Morgan out for hamburgers. And Tony's body had already turned to ashes.

Her presence in the room pushes your thoughts away from that.

"Hey, stranger." She greets you with a humorous nickname. It makes you smile. You return a frame to the shelf - the photo of the Stak Expo you showed Peter before he left, so the boy would have some idea of how much Tony really cared about him - before looking at the approaching redhead.

"Hey, magic fingers, are you hungry?" You ask and get a weak laugh at her nickname. You bypass Wanda to walk to the kitchen and she turns around, leaning on the counter to watch you.

"I'm not sure." She says truthfully. "I'm not in the mood for food, but I think the last time I ate anything was dry crackers on the Quinjet on the way to Wakanda. That was about..."