i like people like sam -i like sam

Rewrite of Boys like boys and girls from 'i miss you'

Bucky and Steve's relationship will always be a thing of the past, Steve said so himself.

"Bucky, you don't understand–" Steve pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath.

"Things can be different now," Steve reasons and waves his arms around.

"That... it was different then, it's different now, and I thought you understood that Bucky. You know that, right?"

Bucky feels tears well up in his eyes and he tries his best to not cry,"Um, yeah– yeah."

His voice cracks, just like his heart.

"I just wanted to let you know that, um, I... like," Bucky can't finish his sentence.

"What, you like men? Our relationship wasn't real, it wasn't like that– I'm not like that—"

Bucky quickly cut him off–"I know, I just wanted to tell you, uh, I gotta go"–he rushes out his words as the tears begin spilling from his eyes. He turns away and leaves Steve.

Eventually Bucky got over him, someone knew a blossom of love grew inside Bucky and he flourished in love for Sam. It was an accepted love, mutual and very, very, validated by Sam in any way that was possible.

Except, there was one small hiccup that came in the form of Steve, overbearing and hypocritical Steve.

At first, they, Sam and Bucky, weren't public at first and were taking it slow for each other's sake. It was good, perfect things were going great and little by little they became more open with their relationship. Bucky reached for a bracelet he wore on his metal wrist, purposefully on that arm because the colors stood out against the silver of his prosthetic arm. The colors being that of the Pride flag, it was obvious that's what it was, the bracelet was wide enough to form a small rectangle and the decorative beads on the underside of it read out 'love is love'. He smiled as he remembered when he got the bracelet, a gift from the Avengers newest and youngest member.

He chuckled at the memory, Peter was stuttering and trying so hard to make Bucky know that it was okay and that he was definitely loved no matter what.

Steve on the other hand said it was promiscuous and it was going to give guys the wrong idea. Bucky just let him rant like an idiot before going to find Sam and vent about his stupidity. He glared at Steve any chance he got and had to hold back Sam from doing anything on Steve's level of stupid. That didn't stop him from being petty and passive aggressive, it was kind of funny honestly, so Bucky let Sam poke at Steve.

Bucky's lips grew into a wide smile and a blush rose on his cheeks as the familiar sound of the elevator dinging caught his attention and he knew Sam was in it and he went to wait excitedly for him.

Then the doors open and Steve's standing right behind Sam. His face falls and Sam meets his eyes with a smile that's too good-looking and teasing. Sam's tempted to laugh, but he doesn't and keeps smiling at Bucky. He walks out slowly, and he thinks Bucky's holding back for his sake, but if Bucky wants to be public in front of everyone, he's okay with it.

So, he speaks and pauses his walk outside of the elevator doors, while Steve watches them silently.

"What, no hug for your boyfriend?"

Bucky's face breaks out in a smile and he's tumbling into Sam's open arms,"You ass."

"You love me and my ass," Sam comes back.

Then they pause and look in each other's eyes, faces burning and inching closer, their lips meet right at the elevator door. Except Sam thinks Steve's view should be fixed, so he turns and dips Bucky.

Bucky smacks Sam after,"it's gonna be so awkward now, I hate you."

"You love me."

"C'mon, say it back."

"I love you."

"I love you too."