〰️🔆Chapter Twenty Three🔆〰️

PLEASE VOTE ON THE CHAPTER✅

3 months Later

When it's foolish to stay, the courage for running away must be summoned for your survival.

When the emotional circuits are burning out from constant overload, when other avenues for load reduction have been exhausted, running away is wise.

I ran but not out of sight and out of mind, but far enough to be at peace.

"Khaila, Curiel done eat?" I yelled In a rush to the kitchen Island packing Cayden and Curiel's bag hastily while watching my tea cup clock that reads 12:20.

"Yes me a wash har hand"  she yelled from the guest bathroom.

Mi want them ready quick so him can just grab and go don't want him a tarry.

"Okay hurry up curio a co-

Ah!" I screamed, dropping the bags and gasp in shock shutting my eyes tightly with my hands up in a fist.

"Actually I'm already here," he said with a smile

"Curio me tired fi tell yuh stop do that!" I screamed

"And me tired fi tell yuh this place no safe" he snapped

"Your on my security list that's why them let yuh in, but yuh need fi tell me first or I don't know have you ever tried knocking" I replied pushing my hair out my face picking up the bags.

Curio hates the idea of me living here, but my life choices are no longer his concerns.

I purchased this apartment 1 week after I broke up with curio, I believed staying with my mom would make me feel good again but that turned out to make my depression worst.

Khaila suggested that I stay at the house that me and Jamar got, but that was a firm no on my part, I don't want to be around him.

I don't trust him or anyone in his family at that.

I'm still unsure if they are the ones responsible for my kidnapping.

But I couldn't stand being at my mom's anymore, Kay and I kept arguing, she would have Jamar over when my mom is not home driving my Paranoia.

I couldn't walk on the streets without looking over my shoulders, everything was affecting my mental health, I didn't even want to see Cayden at one point, everything he did drove me crazy.

The realtor that curio hired to find us a house had a friend that owns Apartments and he provided me with the contact, I reached out and there was a viewing In Kingston.

I took the apartment I felt the most secure in and this one was it.

It's a three-bedroom 2 bathroom apartment complex with yard space and a pool around the back.

My friends at work wah know me rich fi class me.

I laughed at the thought.

After we rub the rich white people them every day.

Due to my very fortunate fortune at a tender age, I never got a lot of time to experience the real world, and keeping my job at the call center, even though it wasn't necessary, it was really my way of overcoming these days.

It was therapeutic even though the customer them make me need therapy.

I also became good friends with Carol's daughter Moyan we hang out at lunch and have just the best of time together.