Part 15

Both of them at the same time? I couldn't do that, could I? Well, it didn't matter anyway, I just needed to figure out who I was going to be with, I loved them both, but it felt weird being with them both. I needed to choose. I knew this choice wouldn't be easy and someone has to get hurt, but I didn't want to hurt them. They were the only people who actually cared for me and I was going to break their hearts with my own hands.

After I spent the whole day thinking, I came to a conclusion. "Neither," I whispered. I knew if I was with one of them, the other would feel like I didn't like them, so I just went with the best decision. I wasn't going to be with Luffy or Zoro.

But there was a problem with that decision. I would have to see them every day. Well, not unless I left the crew. 

So that'll be it, I'll leave the crew and go my separate way.

I made my way towards the captions room and gave the door a quick knock. "Come in." I swallowed the lump in my throat. 

I walked in and closed the door behind me. There was my caption, sitting on his bed. He jumped up at me. "Have you made your decision??" He asked, rushing over towards me. I quietly nodded my head. 

"I'm leaving," I whispered. He stood there dumbfounded. "What?" His eyes widened as he could not understand. "Why are you leaving?" He took a step closer. 

"I don't want to be with either of you and that makes things difficult." I ran out of his room before he could get the chance to reply.

I knew Franky had a small wooden boat hidden away. That'll be my escape. It was dark out, which meant everyone was asleep and wouldn't notice if I had slipped away. 

"Wait." I couldn't just leave them like this for no reason whatsoever. I dug into my pocket. I grabbed out a pen. I went into the library and found a piece of paper and began to write. 

'I know this is sudden, but I want you all to know this is not your fault. It was my decision alone. My time with you all has been wonderful. Thank you.'

I placed it on a table and went to go get the boat. I pushed the boat out to sea and jumped in, beginning to set sail. 

"Goodbye, Straw hats." And with those last words I forever left the crew.