i.

i. her dawning

{ she arose from the sea on a giant scallop, after Cronus castrated Uranus and tossed his severed genitals into the sea }

Aphrodite will tell you that she's from Mount Olympus, her godly heavens above and it might be true.

She will tell about the same godly heavens where she and other divine gods and goddess all drank golden Ambrosia, a delightful nectar that gave immortality upon whoever consumed it.

And the same godly heavens where she and eleven other Olympians
inhabited and were the principal deities of the Greek pantheon.

But she will always tell you that her heart holds a special place for her homeland.

Her homeland is not here in España nor in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea where the island of Cyprus is.

It's the beautiful country of Japan.

Her forefathers were hard-working people who worked on small yet prosperous rice fields from the countryside of Japan.

Once her grandfather died and the need for rice decreased, her family began to struggle with the many rice fields and they were forced to leave, leaving them without an income or a home.

Aphrodite would always tell me that her grandmother was such a strong and intelligent woman and that she used her last dollars and hope on a plane ticket that would lead her here.

Her grandmother and her three young children moved here, in search of better jobs and a better life for them.

I have so much appreciation for her wonderful family whenever I look at her.

Whenever, she's reads Japanese haikus in her mother tongue to me in her spare time.

Whenever, we feed each other Gyoza, her Japanese favorite food on her soft white carpet.

Whenever, the scent of cherry blossoms and vanilla flows through the air every time she's around.

I just know whenever I'm without her, I'm missing her like crazy.

A/n

So... Aphrodite is Spanish-Japanese because her mother is from Japan and her padre is a Spaniard and Aphrodite was born in Madrid. Such a unique and beautiful combination I came up with ^.^

Anyways, thanks for reading and please comment and vote!
~ Ariana xx