Chapter 20 It'll be fun!

I swear. I'll keep trying. Fighting. And believing... that there's hope. Yuki said as star stared at him. They then started heading back to the house holding hands as they made there way up the stairs of the beach.

That was it

That was it. Yuki didn't say anything else. We headed back to the house together, and ate pancakes with the others, who'd returned from the annex while we were outside. Everyone seemed to be having a good time. Yuki was even smiling. Still, i kept thinking about what he said. And... what he didn't. The silent voice that dripped words like raindrops-- to soft to hear... but definitely there. Star touched her forehead where yuki's lips were.
Star's outfit for the day

If I could just... takashi? You all right? Hatori asked standing infront of star. Huh? She asked snapping out of her thoughts. Oh, uh, hatori! I-- star freaked out waving her hands. He is so close! Star shouted in her mind.  What's wrong? Do you have a headache? No! I mean, thank you for asking, but my head is fine. I was thinking, and then, um, suddenly you were right in front of me, and, uh well, i wasn't expecting you, so...  i cam out here with akito yesterday. This is the first chance i've had to stop by. Hatori explained. Star blinked. You're staying at the annex, too? Star asked tilting her head. I'm sorry. Star gasped a bit. This should be a fun vacation with your friends, and instead, you're on your own. Hatori says not looking at star. Hey, you don't need to aplogize. I'm having so much fun. Star said in a cheeky tone with her arms crossed and a smirk. Besides kyo's here, so i'm not exactly alone, and with the others gone, i've got plenty of time to cook and... jeez, take a breath. Kyo mumbles as star rambled on. The house is pretty empty again today. The others all went back to akito's place, while kyo and i stayed behind like before. Still, i don't understand why hatori feels like he needs to apologize to me. Star gasps realizing. Maybe he's worried that kyo and i feel left out since everyone else was asked to go. I wonder if the rest of them are worried, too. I could be wrong and reading too much into it, but the idea that they care... sorta makes me happy in a way. Star softly smiles as a blush comes on her face tears form. Thank you for coming to visit. And there is no need to worry about me, really. I'm just glad i got to be here. Star says with her hand behind her head closed eye smiling at hatori. He smiles a bit at star's attitude seeing she's come a long way from how she used to be. He walks forward patting her head as he leaves. I'll be going, then. Hatori says as he lifted his hand off her head. Uh? Star asked watching him go. Kyo, try to be good company. Hatori says leaving. I wonder if i'll see akito at all while we're here. So far, it sure doesn't seem like it. Not that i care but... still. Yes, thanks to akito. Yuki's voice ringed in her head remembering what he said yesterday night. What could they have talked about to make yuki react like that? Star wondered. While star was lost in her thoughts kyo walked up to her. Hey. not gettin' sick, are you? You're more spacier today. Kyo asked. Huh. i feel fine. I was just thinking about something, that's all. Star says waving her hands infront of face softly. Hm? Kyo asked looking down at her. Eh! Oh, no! If i'm not careful, i'll make him worry, too. Kyo walked by star as she looked at him with a straight face to not look suspisue. I was thinking that maybe we could go down to the beach today. What do you think? Star asked leaning on the conter with her chin in th palm of her hand. Huh? Kyo asked leaning out of the fridge. It's not like we have to swim or anything. We can... just play in the sand. Star said with an embarrassed blush on her face not looking at kyo. Star had dread line above her head while kyo stared at her with a sweat drop on his head. People actually do that? Kyo asked leaning on the same counter as star infront of her making her turn her head to him. I mean yeah. It'll be fun, you'll see.