Chapter 24 Until the very last moment.

Kyo walked back to the house after akito let him leave.
Aktio: what right do you have to fall in love with anyone after you killed your own mother? You're a monster. Who really dragged her into this?
Kyo stopped walking. I know. Kyo says.
Akito: everyone will be better off if you disappear.
Yeah, i know! You think i don't see it? That i don't realize how many people i've hurt? Why didn't she kill me instead of herself? She would've been doing the world a favor. So, why am i still alive? Why am i still breathing... in a world i don't deserve to be a part of.
Kyo walked into the living room of the house to see star not there. Star? Kyo calls out softly. He looked at the sheets hanging outside but didn't see her there either. And even now, i still look for her.
Kazuma: wait, kyo.
Kyo gasps then starts looking running to the beach.
Flash back
Watch where you step. No need to trample the poor thing. Kazuma says. What's it matter? You're not gonna change anything by protecting one little plant. There's no point when we live in a world where one person's life can be sacrificed for another's. Where somebody can have everything taken from them and be trampled like this flower! Kyo shouts. I know it's hard. And i know you're angry, but i don't think you're given up hope yet. Not every soul in this world has rejected you, kyo, and some small part of you must realize that. And so you keep fighting. Kazuma says. That's stupid. I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any hope. None. kyo says. Yes you do. Kazuma says. Kyo stomped on the plant. I don't! I don't. Kyo says. Maybe not. Maybe now all looks dark, but hope will come again. It will find you. However much you resist it, or even trample it, howevermany times you're thrown into despair, hope will always return to give you strength. When you need it most. You may struggle and you may doubt... but hope will bloom.
End of flash back
Kyo ran down the path. I'm sorry, master. I pretneded not to understand, but i actually did. I have all along, deep down. Plenty of people will reject me, but just as many will reach out a hand.
Akari patted young kyo's head making him look up at her.
Hey you lonely, too kid? Akari asked with a soft smile.
Even though she'll never come back...
All right. C'mere, squirt. Time to make a man's promise. Akari says as young kyo and her fist bump making her smile.

I couldn't keep it

I couldn't keep it.
This little girl here is my treasure. Akari says holding a picture of young star.